Buy Pro Slingshot in USA

Discussion in 'Trader's corner' started by desi, May 29, 2013.

1. desi

desi New Member

Is there any store in US sales "Hand Howitzer" or "Moorhammer"? or any quality Slingshot? If so, please advice. Thanks

2. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

3. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

If you are looking for a moorhammer or howitzer try milbro pro shot uk. I ordered a howitzer changed my mind mid stream and bought the moorhammer from Pete there and he was extremely helpful with a 100% positive experience from them. It came in 8 days total from order to me in Washington st USA. I was able to scrape up some more cash and just ordered the howitzer yesterday. Pete is on holiday now so it would not be taken care of till he comes back. He told me he would be gone for about 2 weeks. Try sending him an email as he will contact you when he comes back. He is great in how he treats his customers and the quality of his products. Definitely I recommend. If you do order from him tell him Eric sent you. Good luck with however you go.

4. Kangaruu

Kangaruu New Member

How did you contact them for the order change? I used their contact form over a week ago now and haven't received anything back...

5. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

Hi, last time I talked to Pete he told me he was going to go on vacation for about 2 weeks. I would imagine he will be returning sometime next week if not sooner. Any questions I always contacted him through my hotmail account using his contact email. He was always quick to reply and remained helpful to the end. I don't think you will find any negative feedback on him, he is really well thought of. Send him an email and he will contact you when he returns. By the way what did you order from Mil Bro?

6. Kangaruu

Kangaruu New Member

I ordered the bronze Moorhammer but I wanted to change it to the aluminum one instead.

7. roger59

roger59 Member

why are you having trouble buying it online?
    with some scrap materials and a lot of patience you can
    build yer own ya bludger. (it means layabout/lazy/bum)

or design a new type of slingshot, you interesting reverse engineer, you! :)

also, Desi- can we ask where from do you come??? junior member- no info, location or other first post?
    are you working from india or china? or perhaps just some innocent preteen in the continent or antipodes?

8. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Desi,

I don't know all that much about the slingshots that you just mentioned in your posts. I'll leave that for others to comment on.

However, if you are just looking for a first-time slingshot, a real workhorse, very reasonable cost, made and shipped in the USA, then I can very definitely recommend Simple-Shot Shooting Sports with utmost confidence. I RARELY make recommendations because my words and reputation means something to me.

I have ordered numerous times from Simple Shot -- for myself and for friends. I have never once been disappointed. The quality of Nathan's products are superb. His service really is second to none (I'm not the only one that says this, btw.) Others have confirmed it many times. Simple-Shot provides consistently good products and service.

I personally have a FlippinOut Scout, which I love. I speak from personal experience. It's not fancy, but it looks great, and It feels comfortable in my hand -- not too big for little girly hands (like mine) or too small for the guys. Unless you're a big, hairy beast!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In other words, the Scout is very accommodating. Thumb support or hammer style -- whichever you prefer. Most importantly, it shoots supremely well. I'm fairly new to slingshots, and my accuracy actually didn't start improving until I picked up the Scout. It just feels so right. It might be why I love it so much. It's also a great teaching tool imo. You can easily band this baby up just about anyway you want -- OTT or TTF flatbands. Or tubes if you wish.

I recently ordered a Scout for a friend (former military). He hasn't played with slingshots since he was a young boy. He LOVES the Scout that I gave him, along with all sorts of supplies and a matching Maxpedition waistpack to get him started again. Pretty cool stuff[​IMG] [​IMG]

And I'm also pretty certain that I will be ordering some more of these. The Scout makes a super gift that friends will appreciate and actually play with.
    [​IMG]

I have no problem recommending products that I have purchased, either for myself or for friends. I even like the variety of sporting colors all of the Scouts come in (Original Green, Desert Sand/Coyote, Double Black (very tactical), and Hunter Orange). Just for fun I'll let you know that the Original Green matches the Foliage Green Maxpedition. Desert Sand matches the Khaki (this desert sand/khaki combo is the set that I have for myself). And of course you can go all black Matrix.
    [​IMG]

The other thing that I like about Nathan Masters is that he truly supports the community, whether local involvement promoting the sport in his own neighborhood and various events, supporting other artists, or supporting online forum involvement. He's always right there rolling up his sleeves offering advice, inspiring, and just getting involved. Encouraging. Great character. Inspiring work ethics. And the patience of a saint! I love the guy. (no, I don't get freebies from him, so don't even try to go there.)

I didn't mean for this to be a lengthy review of the Scout, but I guess I had a lot to say about something that I very much enjoy. When do I not? It's a curse, my mom says. [​IMG]

BTW, When I ordered my Scout, I really didn't need another slingshot, but I'm glad I have it. Like I said earlier, it is very reasonably priced. It is a wonderful product! And not to be missed even when you already have a few slingshots.
    [​IMG]

Links below (recommended with confidence):

The Scout
    Maxpedition

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  9. Lexi

Lexi Junior Member

So MilBro does ship to the U.S.? J.S. has a video that shoes how MilBro casts J.S.'s Moorhammer and Howitzer slingshot out of aluminum and bronze and in the comments, someone said that MilBro doesn't ship to the U.S. and well I really wanted the Aluminum and Bronze Moorhammer slingshot, but I wasn't sure of that so I did further research. So YES or NO is it that MilBro ships to the U.S.???

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  10. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

The answer is yes. I today received a Howitzer slingshot from Pete. It came from the UK. Go to the site http://www.milbroproshotuk.com/index.html and use the contact form on the upper right if you want to contact Pete. But you do not have to contact him to order. Read the home page where they list shipping internationally (on the bottom left) I now have both the Howitzer and the Moorhammer in bronze. They do make both in aluminum as well. By the way it has taken about 8 days total to receive them here in the US after ordering. Click on worldwide slingshots and scroll down the page and you will find both of these slingshots as well as the price for the slingshots with shipping internationally. You can not go wrong with buying them. I wish you all the best

11. Kangaruu

Kangaruu New Member

I sent my order on May 21st and received it June 11th.

And the guy never responded to neither my email nor the contact form that I filled out on their website.

12. Kangaruu, did you payed the slingshot's per paypal?
    When you didn't do this, you where on the wrong order.
    Cause when you order at pro shot the slingshots there will open a window from paypal for the order!

You have to pay them with paypal and about 10 to 15 days later you will get your slingshots!

Joe

13. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

My experience with my first order was 8 days till it arrived and the 2nd order was about 9 days in transit though as I said earlier I knew he was on holiday and would be taken care of when Pete returned. I am sorry he did not respond to you, as he did respond to all my questions on the first order. He may still have been on holiday and just had his people send them out. If you are looking for a ss sold in the US go with Thistles recommendations as well as others. The scout is on my list of what to get next and is certainly one of the next ones I get!;) Look at the videos and you will find what you like as well. There are so many fine craftsmen and women on this site as well as other sites that sell their wares, some times I feel like a kid in a candy store! You will find that there are slingshots for every budget from beginner to master and most folks here are willing to help! Best to you however you go :D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  14. Kangaruu

Kangaruu New Member

No, my order went through fine.

Just that a couple days after I sent the order I had a change of heart and wanted the aluminum model instead so I sent them a message via their contact form to see if they can change it if they have not yet shipped out my order. A few days after that I sent an email directly to the email listed as their paypal. I didn't receive a response to either one.

But yeah I received my bronze Moorhammer. It's a beautiful piece of art :D

15. RoiEvustroia

RoiEvustroia New Member

Kabuto

Who can make a replica of Ussop's a.k.a Sogeking's slingshots?