bullpup with fast reloading, possible?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by juliusjonzon, May 21, 2012.

1. juliusjonzon

juliusjonzon New Member

So I am a big fan of the Bullpup! And I will probably build one this summer, but have anyone done somehing with a easy reloading? <br>Something like on the lighter crossbows where you pull a lever through the sholder pad to load the weapon.<br><br>Of course it will have to be strong but should be doable, or what do you think?

2. PandaMan

PandaMan New Member

I'm not sure it would be practical. The mechanisms needed to provide the movement necessary to cock it would be fairly complex.

3. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

Joerg did make a few pump action shooters. Perhaps you could adapt one of those into a bullpup.

4. juliusjonzon

juliusjonzon New Member

I think the pumpacion would be hard to get right, because of the handle is in the way so you wuold not be able to pump it far enough. <br><br>Of the top of my head the ball would have to be loaded from the front into the pouch then pulled backwards behind the the mechanism that holds the ball in place and the slide back to the front and not dissturb the shot! <br><br>If this is possible you could probably ad a magazine!

5. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

You could still use pump action if you secure the pump handle to a couple of bars that would push the pouch back. That way, the pumping handle could be as far forward as you like.

6. Bill Hays

Bill Hays New Member

Very simple to do. Instead of a standard pump action... you'd just go with a side cocking action. Bearing guide rails could assist in proper and consist line up when cocking.. and with an internal gravity fed tube or channel to serve as a magazine and a strategically placed magnet that could serve as the automatic feed for the next round, you'd be all set for rapid firing fun!

7. juliusjonzon

juliusjonzon New Member

Great that it sounds very simple=) But I am no shure how you mean? <br>Do you mean that the loading mechanism rides on the side of the "rifle" and some how ends up on the laddle?