The Slingshot Forums banner

Bugsy Printshot (Tremo)

5K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  JohnKrakatoa 
#1 ·
Hi Mates,

I promised a time ago a thread about a 3D printed slingshot. Now it's time to share. I finished a short video and my tests. It was pretty long time to get in line with this stuff and still not ready totally but only minor changes left.

This slingshot uses "palm support" a kinda invention. I had some problems with finger support and pinch grip with slingshots and tried to look for new solutions, this came out. It's strange for the first, but gives less tremors on hand during shooting. 2 hours or 150-200 shots in one set is still comfortable with this at least for me.

The main benefit is the extreme low force lever between attachment and hand contact points. There's no pinky hole but the same effect appearing at the inner bottom side of the slingy.

The first printed version was Palm Support only, but changed my mind to build it for pinch grip also.

"Bugsy" the name comes from the bug-back like shape and the gangsta-style shooting position (only). The weapon like grooves referring to the gangster called Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQeUfFSFaw[/ame]

White Finger Gesture Thumb Painting

Hand Green Thumb Finger Gesture

Product Gesture Watch Material property Font

Hand Arm Cricket cap Cap Gesture

Shoulder Sleeve Gesture Elbow Eyewear

Jeans Hand Plant Dress Shorts

Dress Purple Eyewear Office supplies Wood

Pink Wood Sandal Font Tool

Have a nice day my friends,

Tremo

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Love it! Absolutely amazing!

#4 ·
Respect

Indeed a really nice piece of inspired engineering!

Looks really interesting and of course like to be easily
produced in large numbers.- Or do you plan to publish
the CAD-data for everyone?

But there is no blue one, right?- Just inverted colours?! ;)

#5 ·
Right on Tremo! That is quite an achievement! Not only did you design a completely original shooter and ammo magazine, but a new grip style as well! Very impressive sir!
Great shooting and video too, thanks for sharing this

#9 ·
I've seen this thread some time ago...... But I decided to wait untill I have some time to watch and re-watch the video, so I could congratulate you properly. Amazing, tremo! Different design, very original! Can be used with both hands and it's very portable! How durable is that plastic?

#10 ·
Wow, great design. It's amazing what's possible with those 3D printers (and some creativity, engineering knowledge, and skill). Nice work. Next step is to put them up for sale. Sounds like you've already got some folks in line to buy - myself included.

#11 ·
@ jt-1911 Thank you and welcome!

@ dolomite Thank you mate! Totally agree, blue one seems the best color choice for me too. Today I'll visit the molding workshop for an alu version of this. Probably elox or anodized colors will come into the picture. Don't know yet. 3D prints are paint able with acryl BTW. I wanna make a TBG and green elox combo if it's possible :)

BeMahoney Indeed a really nice piece of inspired engineering!

Looks really interesting and of course like to be easily
produced in large numbers.- Or do you plan to publish
the CAD-data for everyone?

But there is no blue one, right?- Just inverted colours?! ;)
Thank you very much!

In 3D print large numbers are relative. It's oriented bottom to top, so Z axis is pretty high. It means in need some time to print it out. Around 15hrs and same 15hrs for cooling, than polishing for an other few hours (mill) and dyin'.

I don't have plans to publish CAD data, (law and copyright problems), and responsibility if someone modifies the analyzed and calculated inside structure of the model. I want to avoid problems if someone just cuts off pieces and still uses my name as the originator of the model. I had bad experiences with shared model in my designer practice.

3D print colors are, royal blue, coral red, violet purple, hot pink and white. Am working on an alu version too for anodizing or camo painting also.

Will Right on Tremo! That is quite an achievement! Not only did you design a completely original shooter and ammo magazine, but a new grip style as well! Very impressive sir!
Great shooting and video too, thanks for sharing this
Will, have to say a big thanks for your continuous support! I keep it it mind for the future...:) BTW how you doing now? Are you moving for the new job or still on location? I was away for a workshop and missed the info.

Schultz Really nice Shooting, and also a really beautiful Slingshot that you have create my Friend!
I like it that you can hold them with both Hands :cool:
Thank you my friend! Good to know you're here :)

Maulwurfsurfer I love it. Looks very stylish and elegant.
Are u going to sell these? If so what is the price? i would take one! ;)

keep it up
Thanks! At the moment am working on the forth version of this. After testing it will be available. Selling is not my main goal, but it would be fine after my investments. Am targeting a yearly design competition with this project. Need some time (month or two) but it will be accessible as a product.

@ Courier Thanks a lot mate!

Brazilviking I've seen this thread some time ago...... But I decided to wait untill I have some time to watch and re-watch the video, so I could congratulate you properly. Amazing, tremo! Different design, very original! Can be used with both hands and it's very portable! How durable is that plastic?
Thank you B.V.! I don't want to crowd this thread with FEA or mech properties data. So am preparing an actual test video.

But before that I can say it's strong. A 32g 3DSS can bear 20kg pull weight easily :) But it's not the material, it's the design of the frame.

etrain16 Wow, great design. It's amazing what's possible with those 3D printers (and some creativity, engineering knowledge, and skill). Nice work. Next step is to put them up for sale. Sounds like you've already got some folks in line to buy - myself included.
Thank you! :eek: You're kind! If I can manage it will be available, but my main goal is to make it as entry for industrial design competition.

Thank you all for the feedback. I will be back with a strength test video soon :)

Sziasztok (Seeyou all in Hungarian)

Tremo

#14 ·
Bugsy Update

Hi Mates,

After the latest finished trade I made a reprint and a new cast for myself too. This version of Bugsy was sent to Kiitos, my kind trade partner. I had no chance to take pictures for myself so a redo was an obvious choice.

The difference between this and the previous version is not so visible but gave me a serious headache. U can see those tiny holes on the frame. That's the only visible mark of the change. The real goal is underneath.

With 3d print shell designs there's a huge problem. There's a great chance that powder remains inside cavities. To avoid it it's advised to use exit holes or drive tunnels. And there's the trick. Have to find a balance between supporting walls and exits from tip to toe. Smaller holes at the tips are used to air access which helps to clean through the cavities.

The cast was made from the previous version of the frame (shown at the thread's start).

For the pouch leather have to say a big thanks to Kiitos :)

SLS print, Polyamid, ~44g

Drinkware Toy Gas Wood Electric blue

Orange Tints and shades Sand Electric blue Art

Wood Tool Baseball bat Electric blue Grass

Wood Tints and shades Electric blue Personal protective equipment Close-up

Drinkware Silver Body jewelry Jewellery Serveware

Font Electric blue Macro photography Gadget Sky

Gadget Material property Electric blue Font Electronic device

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Helmet Automotive tire Wood

Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design Nickel Auto part

Wood Automotive design Grass Musical instrument Athletic shoe

And a basic turntable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0ATJRT3-_ik

Thanks for watching,
Have a nice day/night,

Tremo

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.