Brazilviling gift, the 3 balls slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Today I've received a gift from an awesome fellow and friend, Brazilviking, the doc, it is the 3 balls slingshot made of surgical grade steel and a nice wooden handle ...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH BRAZILVIKING for this AWESOME GIFT !!!
    But wait this wasn't ALL !!! he added also 1+ meters of 0.03 LATEX BAND to do my own custom blazingly fast bandsets for butterfly shooting WOW !!!
    THANK AGAIN my friend you are so generous !!!
    The "3 balls" is somewhat heavy of what I am used to hold but not a problem at all (I am old but still strong enough LOL !) it has a very comfortable grip with the big ball palmswell which also adds perfect balance ... in short A GREAT ORIGINAL SHOOTER !!!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnXOfUUmmNg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnXOfUUmmNg[/ame]
    Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

2. knifefightermike

knifefightermike New Member

I like the design, it looks like he has found a way to make a nice ss from standard parts which doesn't require as long to make because it's mechanically fastened, not epoxied together. Great job, you're a lucky guy to get one as a gift!

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

What a great gift! This is a beautiful shooter, and looks like it would sit very comfortably in the hand. The weight down low should help to balance everything too. A great design for the master shooter to use! Congratulations Arturo, I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to many more cans being cut!

4. SoapMacTavish

SoapMacTavish Impressed over this forums crafting

Damn this one Was Nice. Bookmarked this one for inspiration for later.

-Soap-

5. Congratulation to the absolutely great heavy Slingshot from Dr. BrazilViking!

Hopeyou enjoy it!

Amazing job that you do on this Slingshot from medical recycling! Raul

Great and amazing shooting as everytime Arturo!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  6. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wow, what a great gift! The design is really unique. Very gernerous, Brazilviking. You are a lucky guy Arturo. A new tool for your card cut sessions...

7. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

That is stunning! The handle reminds me of my mothers hip replacement!

8. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Awesome gift :eek: Sure it is now in good hands and it will make a lot of cans and bottle tops victims.
    You did a great job as always Doc!
    Congratzzz Arturo and have fun with it.

9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really nice Slingshot and also a very nice Shooting :D 1+

10. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

THAT IS AWESOME!

I really like that BrazilViking. Well done! That is one very cool slingshot that you've designed there. Unique shape indeed. And what a grand palm swell on that. I seriously love it.

Arturo, your newest toy looks like it is going to be a load of FUN to play with. You are juggling all of those amazing slingshots so well. Very impressive. Fantastic shooting again too. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    [​IMG]

11. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Thanks guys! I'm very happy to have people giving value to my hobby work (most of my doctor friends just think I'm crazy or stoned when I show them)
    Since I saw Arturo shooting for the first time, it amazed me. I'm not a bad shooter... but When i saw for the first ime Arturo Shooting, it amazed me! Calm, precision, relaxed. And his tutorial about butterfly and PFS shooting made my knowledge about slingshots grow even more.
    Since I love building and crafting even more than shooting, I thought that would be great if I could create something usefull for our shooting master.
    I tried 4 designs (wich someday I'll show), but they didnt satisfy me. So the idea of the prothesis came up. I had this rare shoulder prothesis, (on the palmswell) very rare to get one, made from chrome-molydenium vanadium steel on the shinny face and tantalum on the back (see pictures below). Had to be removed due to infection (Calm down, sterilized it!!). Maybe 15.000 dolar stuff(not after removal).
    Made the grip for it with "itaúba wood", funny thing, it gets dark in contact with the air (had to work all the shapping in 6 hours)
    Fork made from my "Lego", Ilizarov apparatus (for babies), this special ring is the match for the one in my survival knife, Once used to make the correction of an arthrogripotic foot of a 7 month baby (great sucess).
    the other balls are hip prothesis, 22,5mm diameter, very uncommon these days, when the pattern is 28mm. Had to wait for the last one to be removed on a surgical revision about a month ago!
    But going against some commentes, it has a lot of epoxy for hard fixation. Impossible to dismount it!
    Anyway, I just wanted to share all this with you guys. I just love this forum and the oportunity of contacting people all around the world. Fells amazing to see somethig tha was here in my hands 3 weeks ago on Arturo's pictures! (my girl is amazed too)
    Thanks Joerg and all my international friends!

Attached Files:

• 3b4.jpg
      3b4.jpg
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3b2.jpg
      3b2.jpg
      File size:
      96.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3b7.jpg
      3b7.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3b3.jpg
      3b3.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3b8.jpg
      3b8.jpg
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3b.jpg
      3b.jpg
      File size:
      58.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3b6.jpg
      3b6.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3b1.jpg
      3b1.jpg
      File size:
      111.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3b5.jpg
      3b5.jpg
      File size:
      59.6 KB
      Views:
  12. Brazilviking

More pictures, for the last ime in my hands. (and I'll never be able to make another like that......I just love this idea!)
    I LOVED THE CAN CUT, MR.ARTURO! Just downloaded the video. Having it and the pictures is more worth for me than having the slingshot and not exploring it's true potential!!!

Attached Files:

• tb1.jpg
      tb1.jpg
      File size:
      143.4 KB
      Views:
    • tb3.jpg
      tb3.jpg
      File size:
      126.4 KB
      Views:
    • tb5.jpg
      tb5.jpg
      File size:
      145.5 KB
      Views:
    • tb8.jpg
      tb8.jpg
      File size:
      128.5 KB
      Views:
    • tb9.jpg
      tb9.jpg
      File size:
      118.4 KB
      Views:
    • tb10.jpg
      tb10.jpg
      File size:
      108.6 KB
      Views:
    • tb12.jpg
      tb12.jpg
      File size:
      107.9 KB
      Views:
    • tb2.jpg
      tb2.jpg
      File size:
      153.1 KB
      Views:
    • tb4.jpg
      tb4.jpg
      File size:
      151.5 KB
      Views:
    • tb14.jpg
      tb14.jpg
      File size:
      122.2 KB
      Views:
  13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Amazing how mutch time and work you invest, for this really beautifull Baby!
    But I must say the wait on the "Organ donor" was worth it ;)
    The Slingshot looks really Beautiful and again a really nice new Desing my Friend :D 1+++

14. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG] Love the pics, BV. It shows the details very clearly. Much appreciated! And very inspiring.

15. Brazilviking

:DHaven't noticed..... I can see myself on the pictures!!! I took it in the hospital!!!:eek: All dressed in white!

16. Arturo Borquez

Thank you very much doc to let me know the amazing story behind this slingshots and the awesome surgical material you used wow a 15.000USD piece !! regarding the design is a very good balanced shooter, that means stability, great ... I've made another video now banded with the latex you sent me ... you'll see it IS A BLAST over 110 m/s speed for 10mm steel ball !!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVlXo1gRSk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVlXo1gRSk[/ame]
    thanks so much again Doctor Raul for this awesome gift, you are a great slingshot craftsman !!
    of course as I get more used with the "3 balls" I will kill a bottletop and cut a card as it deserves ... stay tuned LOL !
    Cheers
    Arturo

17. Brazilviking

I could not imagine that that rubber band (latex) could be so nasty!!
    It is hospitalar stuff too! Called Smarch tape, we use it to remove all the blood from the limb before startin surgery, wich results in no blood loss. Don't worry, that one is brand new, never used for that purpose!:):):)

18. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is some amazingly consistent shooting!! Maybe TOO consistent....:cool:
    Are you sure there isn't a little fellow back behind the screen who hits the can every time you fire?:D
    Only joking of course! You are the master!
    Those latex bands sound like they are much faster. There is a distinct difference in the delay between shot fired and the sound of impact. Very impressive material!

19. Arturo Borquez

That is TOP QUALITY rubber doc :rolleyes:;), you should test it and for sure you will not regret, it retracts blazingly fast and easy to pull, the bad is that lasts less than normal TBG ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

20. Arturo Borquez

thanks Will ha ha the star here is the "3 balls" slingshot and his master craftsman, I am only it's obeying driver LOL !
    Cheers
    Arturo