Braided Theraband

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Hardtimes, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

Has anyone tried doing this? If so did it cause any speed increase? I want to try this myself but figured I could save time by asking. Theraband rope seams interesting because it basically pre-stretches the bands.

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

This has been asked on a regular basis. The conclusion on the 3 forums that I am part of that the friction of the latex on itself negates any valid stretch gain, shortens the life of the latex and is in general not as efficient as multiple bands.
    Keep Thinkin'! That is how we get new stuff.

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thanks for that Flipgun. I've got some very thin Dankung tubing and I had been wondering about braiding 3 strands. That saves me another failed experiment !

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

For every rule there is an exception. Very thin tubes may have a chance with a loose braid and lubrication. I refer you to Nico's thread on rebel regarding his powder box and its benefit for chained bands.

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Ah, thank you. I shall give it a try.

6. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Holy moly that's uncanny! I watched Tobias' fistgrip tonight and thought could I braid some spare tbb bands to do butterfly then come here and the first thing I read is this! :eek: