Boxelder (Acer Negundo)

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Ravensbull, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Pretty much known as a "crappy tree" around here but it is in the maple family and was plenty solid to work with. Sanded to 320 grit and 24 hour BLO soak. Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Hell Yeaqh!!! nice one!!!!!!!!!

3. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

4. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

nice looking shooter

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Nice ergo-shooter:D

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

very nice! it looks a bit like a horse leg to me

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very cool. Love the look.

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That looks really nice, I really like the shape. Nice work.

I have to say that when I saw the word 'boxelder', I immediately thought of these:

[​IMG]

As far as I know, we don't have any boxelder trees in our area, but we see these guys on the side of our house by the thousands in the late summer and early fall, then they disappear again for the next year. I made the mistake of trying to brush them off the house one year and they all took off at once, right into my face, I was swarmed as they all flew up into one of our oak trees.

9. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks for all the great and positive feedback guys! @ Withak: So you certainly recognize those little bast**ds hey! Same thing they do here on the back of my house at the same times of year. The tree this fork came from is also only about 15 feet off the rear corner of the southern facing wall. So it seems they sure gather there by the hundreds. Also like you said, they have like a "collective awareness" of sorts and spook/swarm together. I fogged the back of my house with YardGuard n it repelled them for awhile anyways...

10. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Banded up and the tree

Thorsten "Crazy Fast" bands cut for 10mm steel and retied once. Shooting 3/8" steel,5/16" home cast lead cylinders and 5/8" marbles. Still pretty darn fast with the 3/8" steel even though it's 30°F here today...

Attached Files: