Bouncing ammo for hidden targets!

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by G_Y, Jul 2, 2013.

1. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Moin :)

found some spring putty last week. It is a lightweight plastic clay, very soft and a bit sticky if slowly pressed to a surface.
    This ball with 50mm diameter has only 12g. When throwed fast it is bouncing high for a few meters!
    So it is possible to shoot around edges in corridors or shooting targets from backside in small rooms or hiitboxes.

Any idea about bouncing ammo and practise to use it?

Attached Files:

2. Great!
    Lightweight!

Joe

What do you think about rubberballs!

3. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Hard and well rounded surface, long distance ammo.

http://www.taprogge.de/products-and-services/in-ta-sR/cleaning-balls/index.htm

These ones were used in power plants to peel off the baby mushrooms in cooling pipes, coming from the river, sticking and growing inside the pipes. Some of the balls have sanding surface, other are good for taprogge-tennis on workbenches. Let´s have a break... ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. G_Y i mean that flummy we had as children!

Joe

5. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Ah, remember all the "ouch" we had when the ball hit the head...

6. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

You could always use the rubber ball practice ammo you can get for slingshots. I personally have always wanted to know what damage old metal jacks would do:

[​IMG]

7. When you want to know what the damage is than test ist!

Joe

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

You could set up a great target range in a hallway.

Extra points for calling bankshots, double points for knocking down targets from behind, off of the back wall.

9. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

1989 in Leipzig they used nailed potatoes to stop vehicles and called it "Leipziger Kartoffeln". Not my thing, but seen in "Readers Digest".

10. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Great idea, i love tricky things like minigolf. Maybe some different kind of rubberballs? Lightweight, heavy and more or less bouncing back? :)

11. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

Both ideas appeal to me. Love the connection with a bouncing ball and ability to shoot around corners! The jacks are a definite threat for those on the receiving end, though I may be wrong as slingshots are only children's, toys? Right! Here in the USA we had small rubber balls called super balls which bounced forever. I'm going to have to check those out at a dollar store. They probably still make them somewhere. Whole new ballpark for those who know how to use one. Thanks for the ideas!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  12. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

Amazon and Ebay both have them though it looks like Ebay is cheaper for a bulk lot of super balls.

13. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Great. Maybe drilling holes inside to make them lighter and putting lead in the holes for more heavy business

14. GroundWalker

GroundWalker New Member

I've been using rubber...more precisely, eraser, as my slingshot ammo.
    Because I have neither space nor money for shooting, I need some safe and handy choice. And it have been working well for me.:D
    BTW, eraser bounces violently. Though it's not hard, it does hurt when hit by a ricochet. On the good side, most of the time it only hurts but not cause wound.:)

15. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Great Ideas!
    I use Rubberballs for Paintballmarker (cal. 68), the Hard "Umarex Blackballs" dont bounce but the Yellow one (Reballs from Tomahawk) bounce like a Flummi.
    At 2:30 min you can see a "Reball" bouncing but the next shoots are Hard Black Rubberballs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wApndTIinxs[/ame]

16. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Some times ago I have 5 shoots with a Paintballmarker and my Tomahawk balls in quick succession on a hard slant Target given.
    And they are all bounced into the air and pitched after 3 sec luckily on my roof. But I'll never Shoot again on a slant target with this...
    So they are really well suited and if you like I can make some shoots into my garden hut and show you how good you can clean a Room with this ;)

17. Schultz

Schultz New Member

How to Clean a Room with a Slingshot ^^
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI8lTgdkFpQ[/ame]
    One Stone through the Window, some Tomahawk Rubberballs behind and I´am sure everybody get out ^^
    It´s also a great Ammo for Shotgun Shells ;)

18. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Interesting idea :)

I think they usually clean public toilets the same way

19. It's easier with cs gas bomb!:D :confused: :eek: :cool:

(Joke)

Don't do that!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013