bottle tops/caps day

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I felt much better, ribs contusion is recovering quite fast, some little birds visited me all these days carring many positive vibes from all of you ! This day I killed a dozen of bottles tops/caps celebrating my recovery LOL !
    the morning sample
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danYyzcn9GQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danYyzcn9GQ[/ame]
    the aftennoon sample
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPp3bjS2Go"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPp3bjS2Go[/ame]
    these shoots, I hope you will like, are for all of you my dear friends, thank you so much !!!
    Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I am glad to hear that you are recovering! Ribs can be nasty things to injure.
    Great shooting, you must really keep that path nice and smooth with so many trips to hang new targets! :D

3. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i said it before: look out! cap killer is back! :D

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

If his wife can't stop him......no one can!!!!

5. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

I am glad that you feel better Arturo. More bottletops and cards to come...

6. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG] Thank you for the recovery update, Arturo! Super happy to hear those positive vibes are working.

You sure were mutilating bottle caps today. Outstanding shooting as always!

I also love the courtyard where you are shooting. Very lovely and peaceful environment for outdoor time. Birds singing. Shade trees. Stone masonry. Purple house... Looks like a little slice of heaven to me.

7. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

8. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Is this some kind of bottlecap extinction-campaign?
    Very soon, no one will be able to close their bottles... :D

Very glad you are back in buisness, Arturo!

9. Arturo Borquez

Thank you so much guys and gals ... the pain is going, now I can sleep much better either ...
    @Will, that's the drawback walking to replace ... but an enjoyable walking LOL !
    @MaddyMax he he he ...
    @Doctor BV ... shhhh yesterday my wife went shopping all day (120KM trip) ...
    @Flicks ... I hope with better cards/clamps, my goal is 2+ / 10 ! could be a dream !
    @Thistle ... yep indeed beautiful and peaceful except around the catchbox mess, sometimes I miss more chaos !!!
    @Xanthos ... thank's friend ...
    @Alfred ... +1 LOL ... I really hate the plastic garbage contamination, but it pleases me destroying it, a "symbolic contribution" LOL !!!
    Cheers
    Arturo

10. Arturo Borquez

almost recovered, today with the card training ... you'll see my friend flicks that your slingshot is not hanging over the wall !
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRXksx7141A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRXksx7141A[/ame]
    next cards will be with a rigid attachment to grant the cut, I hope
    Cheers
    Arturo

11. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

.. hit the card from this distance and said: bad luck again? don't be so strict with yourself arturo. ;)

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Oh so close!!
    Great shooting though!
    I was thinking about the problems with the card attachment, and it occurred to me that a second clamp from the bottom of the card to the ground (perhaps even tied to that handy stone?) might add just the right amount of rigidity to allow the cards to cut easier.

13. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

I like your shooting style. Is this slingshot a magic slingshot?

14. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

yep. done by an alchemist of this forum.

15. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wahoooooo Arturo my friend......incredible shooting as always. I didn't get a full cut up to now. I had a couple of partial cuts, the maximum was 80% with 8mm steel in a distance of approx. 15 ft. I think I have to look for better cards before I try it again. I am totally clueless how you manage to cut a card with the 3'rd shot at 33ft! Really amazing. May I ask you about your current setup?

16. Arturo Borquez

Hello my friend flicks ... I've ordered better cards (I hope, more expensive), this ones are cheap chinese very flimsy, no more than 1 of 5 attempts succeed cutting this cards this way hanging the wire, a rigid holder will improve results ... the current setup I am using in your slingshot is 18mm x 12mm x 28cm Cando latex composite about 30% more pull force than TBG (but it elongate less, only to 4.5, +/-125cm draw), with 10mm steel balls, I believe that 8mm is not enough to cut ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

17. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Almost recovered. That's exiting news, Arturo! Very happy to hear this.

Super shooting as always! Okay, so your 'perfection' was less than perfect. Hmmm… I might have to give this one some deeper thought. :p

But I'm pretty sure it was the card's fault. [​IMG]

BTW, I think this might be my favorite video Arturo. I got to see more of your lovely shooting range. And I really love that beautiful purple house. But I just don't know why... [​IMG]

18. Arturo Borquez

thank you very much !!! the purple "emblematic" color was my wife choice, she's a "feminine rights" advocate ;) ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

19. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Got 10 meters of magical rubber to match with Flicks magic slingshot ready to send!!! I hope to put them on the road tuesday!!! :D

20. Arturo Borquez

Thank you very much doctor !!! you are so generous man !!! ha I don't forget your traveling project (to Chile), maybe next year summer me and wife will travel to some countries (South America) and of course Brazil included, so one or another way we will meet I hope !!!
    Cheers
    Arturo