Blowgun can cut without stun darts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Today I had another first, I cut a can with my blowgun and DID NOT use stun darts. The only darts I used were the one I made myself out of an old wire hanger and the mini-broad heads that came with it. I can say that the last shot was a pain in the; well, you know.

Attached Files:

2. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Nice one.
    I still have to practise with my homemade ones, they are at my parents place due to their length (carry a 1,50m and a 1,20m blowgun with you in the train :rolleyes:)

Anyhow, my brother seems to enjoy them...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDUpBXyynCI[/ame]

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I bet you would get a few interesting looks carrying those on the train. Of course the train station would be interesting as well. You may even hear the motto of Deutsche Bahn: "Dieser Zug verspaetet sich etwa _____ Minuten."

4. Nice shooting! It takes a lot of lung power and repeated accurate shots to cut up a can like that with pointed darts, grats!

I have carried my 5 foot blowpipe on the city bus here and got a lot of strange looks, they are against the law where I live but thankfully no one quite realized what it was.

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Start with a 5' piece of 1/2" PVC. (Which in sched 40 is actually 0.6) Add a fitted (but not glued) cap to the muzzle and it is a walking stick. Do the same with a coupling in the center and its 2 short pieces that no one will notice.

6. From my experience at that length the pvc will "sag" and you will shoot low. Though you can't beat pvc for it's low cost and light weight.

7. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Well, both of my blowguns have a pvc 'barrel' inside another tube (copper/bamboo) to
    a) prevent the sagging
    b) for a uniform bore (especially the bamboo one) and
    c) for the looks, pvc is plain ugly

8. I have done very similar though in the reverse. I use pvc to sheath a copper pipe for a blowgun, using the very smooth copper to actually shoot the darts and the pvc sheath (outer layer) to sand down and paint in different colors. The bamboo with pvc inside is brilliant! I never thought to use pvc as the inside, i always used copper pipe or steel conduit. Learn something every day and I think you for this :) Will make some future projects of mine lighter to be certain.

9. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

I wanted to use steel conduit for my blowguns only to come home and realize my father brought every single one of the 20 or what of them to the scrapyard.
    The copper I had at hand was 20mm in diameter (and about 10 years old, same for the bamboo btw), so massively to wide for a normal blowgun, hence the pvc inner pipe wich reduced it to 18mm, which is still not ideal but at least shootable.

Glad to be of help :cool:

10. Haze

Haze New Member

I use curtain rods for mine. They're excellent. I have bought the fittings off eBay for the most part (blow guns are illegal here). It's not hard to get aluminium tube, either.

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Great shooting! I really need to build a simple PVC version and give this a try.