Black blocs in Brazil....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brazilviking, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

When the damn manifestations are taking easier ( I'm not against the changes in my country, but when they block roads, I can't go to work and we have alot of decent people that need to fix their fractures to go back to work and earn money for the kid's milk....I work mostly with public health...less money, more dignity), we discover that a new problem was born....BLACK BLOCS.
    I had no idea what it means, so I went on research.....it's a manifestation tactics, that usually destroys private shops and buildings.....
    but here they became an anarchist group.
    And wost. Many of them are using slingshots to attack police.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq5lrx57WMA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq5lrx57WMA[/ame]
    thats a very bad reputation for my hobby/passion.
    Now I'm afraid to carry them on my car and get busted.... or even going for shooting on the woods.

I've said it once and I'll say again......don't come here for the FIFA world cup. And never go to Rio de Janeiro!!!

Attached Files:

2. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Extremely worrying BV I'm all for legitimate protest but these guys look and act more like a Criminal Gang. It's not right. Shooting at People and Cars is disgusting whoever they may be. If they act like this sooner or later you'll be fixing them up! What an irony! To be honest BV I feel most sorry for the Dog. The only noble creature among the animals ...

3. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Well it is a weapons for the masses, as a matter of fact the usage of the slingshot like this caused the ban of arm braced slingshots in germany. I hope you stay safe.

(Is that a policeman with a slingshot in the video???)

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is ugly stuff:(
    I hate bringing bad press on slingshots, but I am glad these protesters are using them instead of automatic weapons. Bad, bad, bad.

5. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Take a look at egypt......

6. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

In a suburb near me about 100 illegal weapons were found in someones home, i am afraid that they will become much more strict on weapons in the future :(

7. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

KW we in the UK think we have a raw deal with weapons laws but then we look at you fella's and count our blessings! You didn't specify what the 100 were I'm assuming firearms?

8. Brazilviking

Yup.....
    I think i might live to see arm braces being banned here.

9. Brazilviking

Our drug dealers in Rio have machine guns, granades, semi-auto rifles...... and |I've bought a real viking sword about 6 monthes ago...the federal police aprehended it because it is a WEAPON. But I've managed to get it back...maybe arrives next week.

10. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Holy moley! With all that to contend with but they worry about a Viking Sword?!? Fingers crossed you get "Leg Biter" back safe and well!

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

That sound bad. :mad: But don't worry, some of our Football Fans, are just like your protesters... But I´am sure you have also nice Guys in Brazil and the Police take care of us.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9f8y6vxIao[/ame]
    And how mvd sad, had we the same Problem 36 Years ago.
    There the Black Block from the left side, Fight with Slingshots versus the Police, before The Armrest´s get Banned...
    I have translate a old Newspaper for you Guys.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-40749098.html

Slingshot with sting 24.10.1977

Police fear a new weapon in the hands of rockers and violent protesters: the steel ball slingshot.

First, only the thumb and index fingers were splayed V-shape, a taut rubber band then made paper staples and paper clips, flying through the classroom.

Later, the rubber seal of a marmalade jar or a piece of the lower waistband had to serve, along with a forked stick with a handle and a piece of leather: This Slingshots missed out small stones, here's a piece of barbed wire. And very fine slingshots were even in a toy shop.

Today the device as "catapult slingshot sport" is, is intended for adults, made of metal, with steel balls, stabilizer and "objective sting". Such slingshots were used by nuclear power opponents in Brokdorf and Grohnde ensured in Kalkar before the demonstration.

The police discovered a legal loophole: Although possession and use of such steel rods, brass knuckles and blackjacks by the Arms Act are prohibited, however, are the "precision rubber skidding" (brochure advertising) is not on the prohibited list.

In the opinion of the police union (police union) but "is such a thrower in its danger soon the guns near": they are more accurate and more effective than, for example, revolver caliber four millimeters, as they may be purchased only with weapons permit since March 1976 .

For imported Slingshots from the USA, which can be purchased through mail order companies such as the Tina shipping in Solingen by anyone, is with predicates such as "Hard impact! High accuracy!" advertised. The "optimum grip position" enables "big punch".

The police union saw the truth of the slogans confirmed by special tests that were done after the clashes of Brokdorf and Grohnde. The eight millimeter thick steel balls went by six feet distance, through a smooth wooden board, seven millimeters thick.

When shooting tests on helmets and shields of the police although there was no effect results because the plastic material gave way. But a sling-shot, with a rubber draw weight of at least 25 pounds, did break the lateral support of a helmet visor.

Police union spokesman Wolfgang Dicke, which was involved in the spin tests, formulated the concern of his colleagues Bobby: "Whoever get a ball in the crowd, who must reckon with broken bones, severe bruising."

Full 10 €, cost a catapult slingshot, as they are inserted into weapons magazines and catalogs paraphernalia ("reach 30 to 50 feet"), weight is only 250 grams, and thousand "steel BBs" caliber 4.45 mm for 5 €. The most refined spin average at 30 €.

The Interior Ministry, startled by the police union attempts allowed, the detachable metal spinning ("If in any pocket") check at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt in Braunschweig, the result confirmed and dismayed auditors as police officials.

Because the kinetic energy of such balls that are shot down over a target device is ten Jaule, with peak values ​​up to 14.8 joules. And ten Jaule that are 40 to 60 meters per second flight speed - and the corresponding impact.

By comparison, the 4.5-millimeter bullet of an air rifle reached nearly 7.5 joules, and with this value, the Arms Act enshrined the hazard limit. Three fourteen-year-olds managed 5.5 to 7.8 joules, even a 8.3.

No wonder that in the American manual and tips for small animal hunting be given for promising sling shots at rabbits, squirrels and birds. "If this game can already succumbed," said police union-thickness, "then significant injuries in humans are likely."

The Act describes weapons - apart from firearms - though only articles which can be distributed "under the direct utilization of human muscle power" blows, bumps or bites. From a slingshot, the force acts only indirectly from human - and therefore lacks precision spin in the list of weapons by the law (Article 37) prohibited items.

Now calls the police union of the Bonn Bundestag fractions and the Federal Minister of the Interior to take slingshots through an amendment to the prohibited weapons, because they - could bring about equally "special danger to the life or health" (weapons law) - such as hit and stab tools.

12. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

Yikes. All "weapons" are being restricted it seems.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  13. artons

artons New Member

This is so bad... :mad:
    I know pretty well what does it means, we've ha manifestation and also those black guys; they aren't manifestants, they're vandals and murderers.
    Some of my friends were injured during one of these manifestation, of course it's black block fault.
    It'really a shame

14. Brazilviking

Thanks for the traslation Schultz! I've found the article very interesting!

15. Schultz

Schultz New Member

No problem my Friend. I think the same happend sone in your Country now who the News see the Slingshots.
    And here is our German Black Block in Action. The same Guys like in Brazil.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUGpOlaM4o[/ame]

16. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

They seem so peaceful. How could the government have any problems with such calm protestors...

(dry sarcasm, sorry)

17. Brazilviking

Pretty much the same....

18. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That looks and sounds real bad :( hope it gets better ...

J

19. Schultz

Schultz New Member

But it gave also a other Side.
    Here is the Answer from the Police and the Guys that want only to celebrate. And I´am sure the Brazil Police, are also there on the WM next Year.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H7qa-Qx4RY[/ame]