Black and Red Scrap Metal

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by mvd, Aug 13, 2013.

1. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Build this over the last two days, assembly was only about 15 min including search, rest was drying paint in humid condition.It is spraypainted with red and black. Its not very beautiful but it performs as wanted.

Attached Files:

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Looks great! You really have a talent for bending and folding metal, and the cord work is a nice touch!

3. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Thank you very much....I had to bend it at the workshop at my workplace because of my broken vise (one bending to much ;) )

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

What about not beautiful? Twisted plates on the fork! Double grip with double paracord wraping! solid assembly!
    Man, you got yourself an apocalyptic shooter of first line!!! The cord on the tip matches the whole weapon!
    BV RESPECT THIS VERY MUCH!!!
    What rubber bands are those?

5. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Thank you Raul, I am a little bit to sceptical about my stuff, seeing all those great wood and metal things.

These bands are cut from excercise bands called BodyBand from DITTMANN from Germany in Black (which is their strongest). I took a wild stab in the dark and they are okay and I am pleased with them, of course I never shot with TBG so I do not know how they compare to each other.

6. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like it, cool design and execution.
    Conan the barbarian would be proud to shoot one.

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Your stuff are great. can't remember a single one that I didn't like! You have original style and unique slingshots!
    The banmds seem nive. But you should try to compare with other types of rubber. I'm learning a lot with comparation. My country has a tradition on slingshots, with surgycal tubular rubber and rough long forks made without removing their barks. When brazilian people see a moorhammer, they say that it is going to hit the hand, that flatbands are going to tear and hit your eye.... I believed that. now I know anothe kind of thuth.:D
    Belive yourself!

8. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Thank you Snader, thank you Raul again ;)

Only comparison to Flatbands is Theraband Red and Theraband Green (the latter was so old it ripped after 5 shots ;) ) and the respective tubes, and the black ones shoot just a tiny little bit slower than red (by feeling not measuring, will do that some day when my normal day does not consist of working 10-12h summerjob, sleeping and building something in between)

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That metals looking shmexy :D

J

10. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

A neat piece of slingshot you have, right there! Nice work :D

11. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

When i saw the title of this thread i knew who have post it. So i had to check out...
    Very nice job mate. Sure, this one will last forever. ;)

12. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Very nice Look! I like it ;)

13. LW

LW New Member

I can only agree with all the statements here. Very original Slingshot, well done with the curved metal and an original handle. I like it :)

There is no reason to compare your work with the work of some here in the forum.
    There will always be someone who is better than you. This is a law of nature. We all learn by the shown Slingshots and our discussions in this forum.
    The works shown here in this forum is so different and original, that's why I like this forum, and no other.

So keep on showing us your stuff, no reason to be restrained :D

14. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Because of "Scrap" and "Metal" ? I do not get it :D you are jumping to conclusions.
    Thank you

Thank you, I like yor stuff too

Thank you for your kind words, they will be taken serious

15. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?