Most of my slingshots to date have been naturals. And while I do really enjoy making naturals, I want to expand my experience to other styles. I placed an order though Simple-Shot and picked up a 3-pack of some nice birch multiplex as part of the 'build your own Rambone' kit. I wasn't planning on building the Rambone at this time, I just wanted to get a little multiplex to try it out. I tend to build primarily for other people. If I try to build for myself, it tends not to get finished, so participating in the Global Trade, for example, is the best way to keep me going. I was contacted by one of the newer members, Codido187, who asked if I'd be willing to do a trade - his offer was for some paracord items in exchange for a slingshot. Well, I've wanted to add a few paracord items, so I agreed. I had already traced a few patterns on to one of the multiplex blanks and I decided to use the one I traced from a nice shooter that Flipgun had sent me as a thank you for helping out with Will's surprise package recently. What Flip had sent me was a Bill Hayes style slingshot made from multiplex. You can see it takes inspiration from the Hathcock Target Sniper and the Boy Scout, though there are differences. I have a Hathcock Target Sniper. It's a nice piece, but it's big, at least for my hands. I find it's like trying to grip a full sized Glock or 1911, just a bit of a stretch for me. I had wished it was a bit smaller. Enter Flip's piece. First off, it's smaller, maybe about 70% of the size of a Hathcock. It's also got narrower forks and is a bit more rounded. I really like his version, so I traced it exactly and made the cut on my new band saw. I don't think this cut would have gone well with my jig saw and would have been a lot of extra work with the coping saw. I spent some time at the drill press with a couple of drum sanding attachments, followed by some extra time with a file and hand sanding. The finish was done with the Le Tonkinois that BeMahoney had sent me in a trade last year. I gave it 2 coats of this thick finish and did a final buff using some 0000 steel wool to smooth out any remaining rough areas. You'll notice that one face is lighter than the other, just a matter of the variations in the wood itself as the whole slingshot was coated evenly. In the end, I think my first work on multiplex turned out fairly decent. Multiplex is really nice to work with. I suspect I'm going to have to find a source for some of this stuff nearby since my local home stores and wood suppliers don't seem to carry it in stock. She's packed up and on her way to her new home this morning. Here are some photos for you to check out. I'd love to hear your feedback and any constructive criticism you may have. The first photo shows the slingshot before I applied the finish, just for a reference.