BIG CONUS in Picohio

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Arturo Borquez, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

a wider PFS with "ultra-lazy grip" groove
    cheers

Attached Files:

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

As soon as I can stop crying,
    I'm gonna go to my shop to
    compensate for not owning
    one of those!

...just want you to know! :)

Well done! Cheers to Chile,

Be

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Great work arturo! I really like the conus!:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

4. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I am also lamenting the fact that I do not own one of those (or any of the fine PFSs that you make). I not need to make a feeble attempt at making my own.

6. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Geez..! Another stunner and now with personalized shooting style innovations to further accommodate your graceful bliss..!?! I salute to you Master Arturo!

7. Arturo Borquez

thanks Be ! don't cry much friend, take your revenge :D!
    cheers to Germany

Thanks onnod, I like to play with new shapes and the CONUS turned to be a great shooter

thanks rock slinger, glad you liked

maybe soon my friend, waiting another load of Picohio's and maybe I find a way to cheat the customs ;)

thanks Ravenbull, I am curious and creative I believe lol !

cheers friends

8. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

One question Arturo, a few shooters you built back you had mentioned in a reply that an Indian friend treks to recover those beautiful specimens for you... My question is considering how folks that know the jungle that well often know all the medicinal plants, herbs and whatnot as well. Do they give any certain attributes to the Picohio? I apologize if you mentioned it prior, but it's been on my mind since you told me how you aquire it.

9. Arturo Borquez

yes, they preserve all traditions and language, their medicine is completely natural with plants/herbs, they easily live 80+ years, Picohio's are reverenced to have magical attributes, comes from the most important tree in their culture ...
    cheers

10. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

I knew it, although you didn´t tell me...

Be

11. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

That was my 'hunch' as well Be! Thank you for the reply Arturo, it's the type of cultural secrets and traditions that I find absolutely intriguing!!!

12. Beautiful my friend, just stunning work! I love the groove for finger grip, very nice. Good for right or left hand too by the looks :)

13. LW

LW New Member

This one is so nice, watch the pictures a long time, there is something magic in this one.

And even very nice presentation and pictures.

I think the “building bug” has bitten you more than once, now you are lost… :D

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Very nice innovation. I can see that it will help with consistent grip and may make the lil' beasts more controllable for the rest of us.

15. Arturo Borquez

Thanks my friend ! sure it can be used ambidextrous !
    Glad you liked master LW ! same happens to me, I can't get my eyes off watching it from every angle lol ! shooting it is a very unique experience, at maximum pull only the finger tips are touching it, the rest is air surrounding :eek: and is A SHOOTER no doubt !!
    cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  16. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Beware, everyone....a new born generation of PFS has now been born. All hail the mighty Arturo! The creator of an inedit design!

I just cannot stop looking at it!!!
    I bow in respect!!!

17. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

It is beautiful!
    I like the way the purple pulpwood shows in the groove.

I found myself thinking about your creations today at work, got lost for a few minutes and had to pull myself back into focus.

I can see that soda cans have good reason to fear you as well.

18. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Mr. Arturo, another stunner. I like the finger groove, may have to try that sometime. That is, if I can get my pfs shooting back in line, been having issues as of late.
    Cheers to the pfs master!
    Dolo

19. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Arturo, you strain the limits of my vocabulary. I find I am running out of adjectives to describe your creations. Just a wonderful piece of work. You really have become a PFS master.

20. Arturo Borquez

thanks my friend, now I can say 100% lazy grip, just the fingertips lol ! ... I take my building disease with pauses, too much hand sanding may trigger the infamous "tennis elbow" a kind of disease I would not like lol !
    cheers

thanks buckshot500, this wood is very hard but very forgivable to carve ...

thanks dolo ! glad you liked ... I believe the groove is only suitable for sideways style, tomorrow the baptism lol !
    cheers