Best way of attaching Tubes?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jnmbhj, Feb 14, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I have ordered 12' of tubes for slingshots but I don't know the most effective way of attaching it in a single strand per side not looped.

2. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

The forum is a bit quiet right now... A bit too quiet
    something is going on!!
    Oh its a spammer thats Y!!

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Wrap and tuck is king :)

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I mostly use constrictor knot, or another piece of tubing. Such as TT Green to hold TT red.

You want it secure, if it comes loose under pull it is flying at your face, hard.
    You don't want anything really hard or sharp on it, as it could put an eye out.

I have tested tubesets using zip ties on the pouch end. But putting them on the other end always made me wonder, is that thing going to come flying back and break my glasses?

When in doubt, go to a web site like simple shot, and take a look at how they do it.

5. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

+1 for wrap and tuck. Cheapest quick way to tie anything tightly with rubber.

Clamps work good too from what I've seen.

I shoot flats, if I get some tubes I will try Ruthie's 'bunny ears' attachment. I think it is all held together with constrictor knots, or otherwise tied on.Heres one of her pictures from another post that shows some:
    8365d1392220197-quick-easy-wrist-brace-brace2.jpg
    Search 'bunny ears' here for more info.

The short bits soak a lot of the leftover energy, and should make tubes last even longer.

6. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I tried wrap and tuck on my rambone using the tubes and some rubber bands and it came lose after a few tugs.

7. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Looped for thin tubes or bunny ears for thicker tubes

Attached Files:

8. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

bunny ears... never seen that before

9. Ghosth

Necessity is the mother of invention.

10. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

May not be the best but looks solid to me. I have pulled it stronger than my normal pull and it's holding. Cheer!

[​IMG]

11. BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu Member

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv1tMioGgXI

After viewing this how to attach tubes to forks video, I threw away my clamp system and within an hour switched over to the slit method. My fork has the slits fore and aft, instead of sideways. Works like a charm using TBBT and a slit cut with a jig-saw. Easy to remove and replace to try different lengths and/or to adjust. A winner!

At the other end, I use a stop knot pushed up the tubing and a constrictor knot to hold it in.

His method of pulling the tubing through a hole looks great but I do not have the tools to do it.

I will post photos.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  12. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

13. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

This was how I did it:

Attached Files:

14. BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu Member

15. Ghosth

I have ball in tube through PVC that I have shot over 1000 times with no issues at all.

That being said there are easier, better ways out there.

On my little theraband red sniper I've tried about 3 different methods, and I'm about to see if I can make a good "flip clip" knockoff.

The looped tubes was the hardest to get adjusted right.

16. BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu Member

I uploaded this photo on my other post.

Easiest method of adjusting tubes!

[​IMG]

17. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I like antraxx method, its kinda like stu's but uses a hole and a pin on the front side.

18. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Clamps or African wrap. Tivo's wrap and tuck with a lot of overlap is good, too.

19. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Oh thats exactly what I did but it came loose very quickly after maybe 3 shots at full draw it loosened and came off.

20. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

The tube came off after I shot I guess the recoil took the tube right off the frame but I have an idea...
    what if I put a ball at the end of the tube next to the frame. As long as the rubber attaching the tube to the frame does not break I should be fine.