Best Polish?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ABH, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ABH

ABH New Member

Which is the best type of polish liquid? Which is the best cloth or tool to polish? How much time should a good polishing take and wat are the movements? (circular?) And is it any best when using electric tools rather than your hand cloth/ non electrical tool when the final polish is given? (appart from cost & time) Thanks for reading

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i don't polish, bug i thougt joerg uses chrome polish(?)

3. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Autosol, K2

4. ABH

ABH New Member

wouldnt titanlux polish do?

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I use a metal cleaner, i don' t remember the name. My mother use it to clean copper, silver, tin, etc... I just rub the slingshot( superglue finish) with any piece of cloth i have until it is nice. Joerg use chrome polish( paste). You should read Ryan' s topic about sandpaper/finishing <a href="http://theslingshotforum.forumotion.com/t1167-general-sandpaper-finishing-discussions" class="postlink">HERE</a>. That should help.

6. stej

stej New Member

I used beeswax. Put on the fork and then rubbed with a white shirt. I say white, because some other clots left tiny fibre that were visible and the fork looked untidy. Now I first tried something for chrome polishing and it works better than when only beeswax was applied.<br><br>The question is how long the shiny finish survives when the slingshot is used..

7. Bert the Welder

Bert the Welder New Member

I've used tooth paste to polish metal before. I think any polishing compound would work as long as it's not pigmented. ( unless you want to add color). <br>Common silverware polish around here is Brasso. <br>Baking soda slurry would work too. <br>Also depends on what finish you are trying to polish. <br>Too make it a bit faster, you can get smallish cotton buffing wheels that are on an arbour. They chuck up into a hand drill. Make a holder for you drill or clamp it in a vise and buff away. You can make your own to if you are so inclined.