Best Handheld Slingshot Joerg made?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jnmbhj, Jan 29, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

What is the best Slingshot Joerg has every made?

Also which is better the Moorhammer or the RamBone?

2. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

I have not had the pleasure of shooting any of Joerg's forks, but I have coveted the Moorhammer and Hand Howitzer designs since I saw Joerg shoot them. Both are rock solid hammergrip frames made for heavy bands. The only drawbacks to either is they take either skills I don't have to make them or money I don't have to order them from Milbro/Hogan's Castings. They also need excellent technique due to their low forks. From Joerg's introduction, the Rambone is meant to be an easier to shoot frame with excellent hammergrip ergonomics. The forks are higher and wider than the moorhammer or hand howitzer and the fork design acts a little like a beavertail for some extra leverage.

Joerg compares them himself in the moorhammer giveaway video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV77EbEectE[/ame]

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Beginner, average shooter = Rambone

Expert "ft-lb" maximizer = Moorhammer in Aluminum

Collector = Moorhammer in Bronze

Enthusiast = Homemade frame based on a mix between all of the above, all kinds of materials in wild creative mixes, customized to the own hand, lovingly finished and hand polished to perfection

4. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Hello Joerg I tried to buy a rambone slingshot from the simple slingshot but there were out of stock so I have to make my own. Do you have a video that explains which natural forks can be used and which ones can't be used?

Also I have seen the Moorhammer in Aluminum it is more than $100 to buy from the casting website and to ship to New York. That's a lot of money I wish it was cheaper...

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Just remember- you get what you pay for.

-Wild Bill

6. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

On eBay that's a different story...:)

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Although it sadly seems to have been swept aside and forgotten in the tide of progress, Joerg's 'Six Circles' is bar none my absolute favorite. There is a certain elegance about that shooter that really speaks to me. Building it however...well I've gone through some wood in the attempts.

8. nijam

nijam tiro loco

you also can cast your own slingshots in aluminium it is not very complicate

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I do not recommend making a Rambone from a natural fork. You would have to use a HUGE fork to start with. It takes a lot of woodworking experience and many tools to shape a Rambone from such a large hunk of wood.

The Rambone should be made from a core of quality grade plywood. The outer layers can be plywood too (that is the easiest), but those outer layers can be any other material really.

This video explains how to.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbthbrLtKRA[/ame]

By the way, Helmut says there is a large shipment of Rambones on the way to Simple Shot. I hope that it will arrive soon.

10. nijam

nijam tiro loco

I made my rambone with materials from the around the house but for the core I made my own plywood with aluminium layers https://www.theslingshotforum.com/slingshots/the-ar-almost-rambone-149.html

11. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey everyone,

it´s just my humble view! But the one perfect shape, that
    one mind-piercing design is lord MOORHAMMER!

This elegantly non-compromising beast of sheer power
    is the most upright design that could be found- which Jörg did!
    (and that one struck and bugged me, - although that
    wasn´t really that hard.. I had fallen for it long before!)

Moorhammer for me!

Be

12. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The frame that brought me to the Slingshot Channel was the Howitzer. It was the first 'proper' slingshot that I saw and it looks amazing in metal.

I tried making my own out of a massive sycamore branch, it was going well until I noticed a crack developing in the spalted fork. Shame really but its the only Howitzer I have at the moment so I'm keeping it even if its not near finished!

[​IMG]

13. Jack739

Jack739 Gun-'Slinger'

The Moorhammer is the First slingshot Frame i've ever made. I really Love that Design, but mr sprave is right, it's Hard to learn shooting it.. Especially if you're a bloody beginner like me haha

After that i tried the rambone, but i dont get alone with it so i stepped back to the Moorhammer Design. But i want to try some other TTF Designs when it get's warmer too

But my Goal for this Summer is a Mooroak-Micarta-Aluminum Moorhammer :D

@bemahoney: thank you! :) that was exactly my though and better it couldn't be said!