Best beginner slingshots?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by AngelicScars, Sep 10, 2013.

1. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I don't know if we are quite ready to make them yet, but we are interested in buying some. Is there any good slingshots for beginners that you'd recommend? Links would be awesome!

2. Moin moin,
    If you build it himself .... you have a much better feel for spinning ....
    Moreover, then the pleasant danger that one does not stop with building ... and as the time gets a huge selection!
    -
    Otherwise, the question is, what is pleasant for oneself .... Seen from the hand position here!
    For the very first skidding, high and wide fork is not bad .... one can avoid fork hits!
    Please do not scrap China, it can ... can .. be, the easier the break ... !
    Wood, plywood .... is most stable!
    Or is it equal to a do it yourself? Then you can create them for his hand size, purchased, are always between dinger .....
    -
    Oh, easiest, are crotches! Here is merely a long time until they dry.
    If you can live with it but she gets cracked, you might as well make one finished! The cracks do not actually affect the haltbahrkeit!

Greetings from Europe!

Oh, over there, there are already many posts here, I rate the search function ....

-

Wenn man sie selber baut.... hat man einen viel besseres Gefühl zur Schleudern....
    Ausserdem ist dann die angenehme Gefahr, das man mit dem Bauen nicht mehr aufhört... und so mit der Zeit eine Grosse Auswahl bekommt!
    -
    Ansonsten, ist die Frage, was für einen selber angenehm ist.... Von der Handhaltung her gesehen!
    Für die aller ersten Schleudervorgänge, ist eine hohe und weite Gabel nicht schlecht.... das man Gabeltreffer vermeiden kann!
    Bitte kein China Schrott, es kann...kann.. sein, das die leichter Brechen... !
    Holz, Multiplex.... ist am Stabilsten!
    Oder doch gleich eine selber machen? Dann kann man sie für seine Handgrösse herstellen, gekaufte, sind immer so zwischendinger.....
    -
    Ach ja, am einfachsten, sind Astgabeln! Hier ist bloss die lange zeit, bis sie trocknen.
    Wenn man aber damit leben kann, das sie Risse bekommt, kann man auch gleich eine Fertig machen! Die Risse beeinträchtigen eigentlich die haltbahrkeit nicht!

Gruss aus Europa!

Ach ja, da rüber gibt es schon viele Beiträge hier, ich Rate zur Suchfunktion....

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Don't have links but flippinout, pocket predator, and our very own saderath all have top shelf gear at good prices. The best one is the one you'll end up making with your family, its easy. If you need help, that's what we're here for.

4. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Sure, try http://www.simple-shot.com/
    Nathans slingshots are very nice looking and seem great for everyone, not only begginers. Also he has all the accessories on his website.

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

6. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I agree. Flippinouts Scout package is a fine place to start. Enough stuff to get you up and running with a shooter that is almost indestructible. Nice choice of colors and a reasonable price.

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

I'll join the chorus about Flippinout and about the Scout model in particular. That'd be my first suggestion and I'd go with Pocket Predator's Hathcock Target Sniper model as a second choice. The Scout can be shot using a hammer, supported or punch grip and vertically, canted or horizontally. The HTS is designed to be shot horizontally using a punch grip. If/when you place an order, getting a copy of Jack Koehler's "Shooting Slingshots" book would jump-start your level of knowledge and might be a good investment.

Whatever you do--good luck with the voyage...

Edit: Forgot to mention---the HTS is for larger hands. It may be a bit too big for smaller hands and so may not be the best choice for kids.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. AngelicScars

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just to be clear, I'll be shooting too. :D
    I'm a small girl (5 feet 2 inches tall and 111 pounds or 50 kilos) so I'll definitely need something smaller for me. :)

9. Moin AngelicScars,
    Small spin ... you can always have it with low weight excerpt ....
    I had made ​​time for me .....

Kleine Schleudern... die man immer dabei haben kann, mit geringem Auszugsgewicht....
    Hatte ich mal für mich gebaut.....

no, fingernails I have not .....
    But the face in the picture!

Spin actually pretty good .....

But could be improved a bit!

-

nein die Fingernägel habe ich nicht .....
    Aber das Gesicht, auf dem Bild!

Schleudern sogar richtig gut.....

Könnten aber etwas verbessert werden!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  10. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Given what you said about your size, the Pocket Predator HTS isn't for you. I'm 6'2", 235 lbs, everything I wear is size XXL and the HTS is just right for my oversized paws. The Scout is definitely a better idea for you, although it's still not small.

11. AngelicScars

You would tower over me! Okay good, I know to avoid that one then. lol!

12. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Hi AngtelicScars,

I watched Jörg's video walkthrough and interview with Nathan [Flippinout (Simple-Shot)]. I can't remember which one but he mentioned slingies for smaller hands. Here's the video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-1To61b8D4[/ame]

Probably can help with the decision.
    BV already mentioned Saderath. He is a great guy. I think (sure instead) he can make a slingshot to fit your hands. Maybe you can scan your palm with a ruler, or just select a simple common piece of shampoo (or something popular on market) bottle that feels comfortable in your hand and send the info with measurements. :rolleyes:

Have a nice day,
    Tremo

13. AngelicScars

We've watched that video before, I guess we need to re-watch it and see what is suggested. Thanks! :D

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I' d go for the scout or one of Saderath' s slingshots. There is one of Joerg' s model that is easy to make and seems to be ok for small and bigger hands. THE POENIX.
    The forks angle and lenght is easy to modify to your taste.
    HERE is the how- to video.

15. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

The Scout is very adaptable by design. My six year old son shoots it hammer grip and large men find it very easy to shoot as well. You might want to check out the Maxim Champ as well, quite small, but only capable of being shot fork supported/pinch grip: http://www.simple-shot.com/collections/slingshots-flippinout/products/maxim-champ-polymer

And we are located in Asheville NC, so if you are close by, just drop in and see us. You can try all of the slingshots we offer and get exactly what you need.

16. AngelicScars

Asheville is about 45 minutes away and we always like to go for day trips. I'll definitely stop by on our next trip! :D