best bandset for normal sized marbles?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jakobkurt32, Aug 3, 2013.

1. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

Hi guys!
    the TBG calculator works for steel and lead, but at the moment im shooting marbels quite alot cause they are fast, the look cool when they disintegrate on signs etc, and most importantly, they arnt as lethal for just shooting ramdom stuff around the place....
    so....
    Which would the best TBG bandset be for the normal sized marbles be? one layer or 2 ?

also, what is the best theraTUBE for marbles be? just to have a long life mable shooter.... i was thinking green, but am not sure....? (for the weight of the marbles)...
    and lastly what is the best theraTUBE for 10mm steel?

thanks for any replys!!!!! ;)

Jakob

2. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

where it saids material please you can normaly also select marbles

Enes

3. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

P.s i tried to look for about an hour for these answers but couldnt find anything on here.... im sure it has already bee brought up though.....:p

4. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

oh really??? ok ehm i must have missed that...?..:rolleyes:

5. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

what is the normal size of marbles?

6. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

13mm.

just went to the calculator and of course it said marbles....:eek:

but still, any recomendations for the theraTUBE as said above?

7. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

I also shoot a lot of (16mm, 5,3g) marbles because they are so cheap. I use a single strand TBG bandset, 2cm wide, untapered, full butterfly on a Hrawk "Dragon" frame. Works pretty well, no handlaps, good speed. It has lasted a pretty long time too by now, a couple hundred shots at least. For more power I'd go with a 2,5-2cm or a 2,5-1,5cm taper.

If your marbles are only 12-13mm you should use a tapered setup, the lighter the ammo is the more tapering will increase your speed.

I also shoot my 16mm marbels with pseudotapered TT Red, but it is a lot harder to draw and not as fast (lasts forever, though)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  8. Moin moin,
    nimm doch hp´´s Rechner, die grösse spielt ja nicht so die Rolle, sondern das Gewicht... und das kann man da einstellen

http://slingshots.myfreeforum.org/download/file.php?id=71

Oder Tobses....

-
    Ich würde ja zu Schläuchen Raten!
    Wenn du keine Entfehrnungen über 35 - 40m Schleudern möchtest.... und lieber lange haltbahrkeit möchtest, und nicht nach 40-70 Schleudervorgänge - also so alle halbe Stunde - neue Bänder drauf machen möchtest.....
    -
    Mit denen gerade, habe ich 70m/s - das reicht für das Tägliche Schleudern....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Bis dann......