Best ammo for hunting?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ABH1, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ABH1

ABH1 Member

Hi, I wanted to know the best ammo I can find for hunting, rabbits and so... As cheap as possible, in mm and material, eg. 16mm lead. (I dont like moulds, to expensive) Thanks for reading.

2. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

I do not like hunting.in germany it is illegal.

3. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I am an advocate of using M10 hex nuts. They weigh 10 grams and are very aerodynamic which helps them be consistent. I can get a box of 100 for £4 here in the UK which is cheap enough for me.

4. Just because you don't like hunting doesn't mean that it should be illegal.

I'm not looking to start an argument or a fight, i'm just saying that we should all refrain from making judgements on other people's interests.

OT:

I'm with dannytsg on this, M10 hex nuts are usually cheap and should make suitable (small-game) hunting ammo by virtue of their weight-size ratio and aerodynamic form.

5. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Practice a lot with hexnuts on a fork you don't care about so much, then when you suffer no fork hits, practice on the fork you want to hunt with. My first boardcut died prematurely from a hexnut forkhit. Alternately, use a metal, polymer, or high tech laminate fork. They are unaffected by just about anything you can fit in a slingy pouch.

As far as hunting ammo, you want something heavy and cheap. I can't find much that costs less than a stack of 7 US pennies. Even sizeable hex nuts cost more than $.07 a piece.

ultimate: I think Xanthos is making a compound statement. First, he doesn't approve of hunting. Second, that hunting with a slingshot is illegal in Germany. Can't say from his post whether he approves of a ban on hunting, just that hunting with a slingshot is illegal in Germany. I disapprove of Kathy Najimy and Queen Latifah not finding me attractive, but I wouldn't support legislation saying they have to! ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

i dont like hunting but i guess it is a hobby of a lot of you so i respect it :) cruel but thats just how it is :(

j

7. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

hex nuts-bolt cutoffs- hunting arrows- steel or lead balls over 1/2 inch-fishing sinkers- bullets

these will all work, but just make sure that you have strong enough bands and don't shoot unless you get a head shoot.

also check out this link (dead animals in pics) http://slingshotforum.com/topic/16188-effective-hunting-setups/

8. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

9. ABH1

ABH1 Member

thankyou all of you very much, usefull and creative idea of m10 hex nuts! thanks for you all!

10. waynestirling

waynestirling New Member

Depending on bands ofcourse (i use looped dankung 2050 on a rambone fork) but 12mm lead balls i find an amazing combination. Very accurate, fly straight and very fast. And because of the weight (around 12grams) the energy on the target makes them perfect for all small game. And you can buy a 12mm fishing mould for around £10 and cast up around 1000shots for £10 of lead scrap if you make friends with your local scrap dealer. Thats my preference anyway. Hope it helps.

11. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

VWSCOOBY...you got your detection glasses from Super Baba handy?

12. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I wouldn't sweat it, DH. This is threadcromancy plus I doubt certain folks in Illinois have the brains to figure out prices in pounds.

-Wild Bill

13. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Its a negatory good buddy!

The glasses had a good look a few posts back and have come up clean. I trust Baba wouldn't let the vashikaran fail them :)

14. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

You could use steel balls, they are also not that expensive, 2.50€ for 50 10mm steel balls, that isnt too bad

Slingshots forever.

15. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Pissed off kitty cats work wonders