Batteries?

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by CJC, Aug 1, 2013.

1. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Does any body think that batteries would make good ammo for some kind of contraption?

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

They probably would. But they will leak nasty crap all over everything after one shot. Bad for the skin and toxic for the earth too.

3. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I did not think of that. I seen a video of a airgun that shoots double A batteries I thought it was a good idea,but not now.I'm just thinking of acid all over.

4. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Well I have had several remotes blow up in my hand and yellow puke came it and than the whole table was yellow :(

J I wouldnt

5. Malleus

Malleus Suspended User

Ebvironmental issues aside, batteries make good ammo for shepherd slings and staff slings.

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^I bet they do^

No, like I said, they are very heavy (they are made of lead after all) and very aerodynamic as well. I reckon they would be a bad thing to be hit by!

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

+1

8. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Maybe if you wrapped them thoroughly in duct tape it would provide enough secure area to stop the battery case cracking and leaking when hitting softer targets?

Obviously if you are shooting them at very hard wood backstops then they will definitely split but shooting them for practice at a bed sheet I wouldn't see them splitting.

What are you thinking of shooting them at per se?

9. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I don't have a per sec number,but if I was to shoot them I would not shoot them fast because I wouldn't want them to explode on impact and get acid all over.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

The lithium comes from mountains in the middle east. It isn't as harmful as you would imagine or maybe it depends on the brand? Anyways... It would suck to be hit by.

11. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

A member on here proposed ammo with bright LEDs and batteries in it.

Encased in polycarbonate, the batteries would serve as the mass, and be reusable if you build your catch box right. I think it would be great at night. Yay tracers!:D

However, with so much other ammo to choose from, who wants some that eats pouch, rubber, and you?

12. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Maybe not batteries but I could see that puppy with a paintball magazine spittin' a BUNCH of marbles:D