Basketball Slingshot Completed!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Juggle-Early, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Juggle-Early

Juggle-Early New Member

All but the painting. Hey folks. I signed on here for the first time around Thanksgiving 2013 looking for assistance. I was setting out to build a slingshot that would allow my students who use wheelchairs to shoot free throws. Thanks to you folks I was able to learn what Theratube to use (Green), how to tie constrictor knots, and other useful nuggets. I made a prototype out of PVC, and my blacksmith friend converted my ideas into steel. The Flame Thrower II is now complete. Today, along with some of my science buddies, we did some test shots to solidify launch height and angle. I made a video, my first voyage into iMovie, and thought I would share. I used a Rockwell Jaw Horse as the base, 4 lengths of Theraband Green, sleeve bearings, and a gate latch released by pulling a rope. Let me know what you think, and thanks for the help along the way.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXpuCywCYdE[/ame]

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Wow!

That thing is awesome!
    This shooter is great!- made for friends!

Great!

Lots of respect,
    best regards!

Be

3. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

That is great and for such a enabling and purposeful cause! Excellent work and I'm sure everyone will really enjoy it's function! Mega props to you sir!!!

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nothing but net!

Thats awesome, it turned out even better that I thought it would after seeing the prototype. I had a big smile on my face after watching that!

Nice work :)

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Great work, and with a steel frame and TTg I don't think you'll need to worry about it breaking anytime soon

6. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

WOW that is one wicked shooter. Your kids will love shooting it. Heck anyone would. I know I would.

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Wow, very nicely done. What a great design and very well executed. I can tell you put some serious thought and effort into this piece. That's going to enjoy some use for a long time. Lucky students you have there :)

8. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

FANTASTIC! Glad to hear it worked out.