Bands Slipping on PFS Forks

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Bighaze51, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

Hey guys, got a question. I've made a couple acrylic PFS and I'm having trouble keeping the bands on the forks. I'm using therband blue for the bands. I cut them in half lengthways and then fold them over to get a double band on each side. Then I'm using little strips of the blue to wrap them to the fork. However, after about 10 shots I can see the bands starting to slip up on the fork. I have some theraband black as well that my sister in law just gave me and it's doing the same thing. Should I cut grooves into the forks? Or am I just not wrapping it tight enough? I love shooting but the is getting frustrating

2. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

it's all said :) you indeed need a bedding like shown by saderath

4. Bighaze51

Thank you, Saderath! I was thinking about something like that but wasn't really sure how to go about it. I left my PFS at work, at lunch now. I will rewrap it when I get back and report. In case you are wondering, yes I am building these things at work. We have a goose problem and my boss has asked me to take care of it. They are going to pay for my permits and stamps and I get to practice for head shots. :)

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

bighaze, run the bands a little longer than before, wrap a few times then fold band up even with forktip then keep wrapping as usual. my pfs bands were doing the same thing before I came up with that. I think grooves detract from the lines of a pfs.

6. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Glad I could help! :D

7. Bighaze51

Dolomite, I didn't even think of that. I will try that approach as well. I did what Saderath suggested and that seems to be holding. Also, when I do the last 2 wraps and tuck, the wrap is trying to slide over the top from the back. So I rewrap led more towards the bottom and pulled the loop up instead of down. Then as i pulled the loop I ran the end through to form a little knot. I love slingshots

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Making slingshots on the clock with the bossman's blessing---
    Color me green with envy:D

9. Bighaze51

I tried Dolomite's approach on my other little PFS and it seems to be working as well. Actually I combined both ideas, I prewrapped the fork, wrapped several round over the main band, folded the tip over and wrapped till the end. I'm happy! Mike, you should have seen the look on his face when I showed him the spray paint lid I had demolished with my shooter