Band lenght and tapering PARADOX

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by otta88sun, Jan 5, 2013.

1. otta88sun

otta88sun New Member

Today, after my high tapered and short bands break again (it lives for 30/40 shoots) i decided to build a less tapered and long bands (always using joerg calc).<br>Before i set all parameters to 9 (max power)<br>No i set all to paramters 6 (quite good power)<br><br>I have 90 cm half butterly drawlenght<br><br>So the ultra power bands was<br>35mm at fork<br>14mm at pouch<br>2 x side<br>19,5 cm lenght<br><br>The New one (should be weaker) is<br>33mm at fork<br>17mm at pouch<br>2 x side<br>22,5 cm lenght<br><br>With old one i shoot 7g steel ball at about 60mps<br>With new (SHOULD BE WEAKER) i shoot about 72mps<br><br>How is possible?<br>(today is a little more hot, about 15° C, why other day was 5-10°C)<br><br>Can only temperature make more than 10mps???<br><br>I did newer bands coz i was frustrated to remake band every 5 days.<br><br>Thank you <br>Ottavio

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Well, i could. I think

3. otta88sun

otta88sun New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>onnod wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">Well, i could. I think</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>I thought it too but with weaker bands i could max (with this temperature) got the same enrergy, not more!</span>

4. CEZ

CEZ New Member

This one is longer right? Maybe you are pulling it further?<br>More acceleration length is more power.

5. otta88sun

otta88sun New Member

no the drawlenght is the same... always... (maybe 5cm more but not sure)

6. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

Are you using TB Gold? Something is very wrong if you get only 30 to 40 shots out of each bandset. I use much thinner and weaker TB Silver, with a smilar taper (2-1cm) for 8mm steel balls (much lighter than 7g) and I easily get 200 or 300 shots, maybe more.<br><br>And my drawlength is 108cm (I anchor with my first thumb joint at my earlobe) for an active bandlength of less than 20cm.

7. otta88sun

otta88sun New Member

with max power u get max 50 shoots...

8. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>otta88sun wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">with max power u get max 50 shoots...</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>you stretch them only to 461%, I stretch them to 469%. And my ammo is lighter.</span>

9. otta88sun

otta88sun New Member

that's because I used in the first band-set a several mre hight taper more than 2/1, I think over that rapport the bands break really beofre...<br>i used joerg calc and set power all to 9