Balloons for bands?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by BrPio, May 22, 2013.

1. BrPio

BrPio .

First, I say I like TB gold the best. Prehaps some of y'all tried this before. I wanted to find something cheap for a backup rubber source and I'm not into using office rubberbands (I make a mess out of them). And I found this at a store we got here in the US called Dollar Tree, everything in the store costs a dollar. They are called "punch balloons", these balloons are xtra large 8in, xtra thick, and come in a 3pack. One end even has a pre molded hole. And made of natural latex rubber. I was surprised how well they worked and easy to work with, no cutting they already have a taper, just tie them on. Also wondering if any of y'all have tried some alternate/backup band (I'm sure we'v all tried some), success and failures. Snapshot_20130522_1.JPG

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

never had to use backup, but if i had to i have lots of office rubber here that should do

3. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Baloons work well :) I have experience with that.

4. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

I used to work at a Dollar Tree (Memphis, TN, Shelby Drive and Old Germantown Rd.)

Do not trust those balloons. There are so many imperfections (you can see them as you inflate them) that you run the risk of the band snapping.

If you get 'good' balloons from them, consider yourself lucky. All of this stuff is second-hand merch. I used to do inventory for the Memphis district.

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I've never used baloons, but I have a Slingshot that has rubber bands made from a Sphygmomanometer, that apparel used to check the blood pressure. It hits VERY hard!

6. BrPio

BrPio .

I figured they wouldn't be high quality, for a dollar what can a person expect? I was surprised when I bought 3packs and just one was defective. What just now caught my interest is those rubber bands Brazilviking spoke of. All in all, I'll mostly be sticking to TB gold unless the world is invaded by rubber eating aliens.:eek: Than I'll build some of those no rubber slingshots like the one Joerg built.