41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts

Top is the PSE Smoke with folding stock, bottom is Cobra with painted PVC

·
Registered
274 Posts
Likely the final mod on the PSE Smoke, including both the tactical flashlight and the laser in addition to the folding stock and multi reticle scope

·
Registered
274 Posts
The evolution continues, with a bolt carrier

·
Registered
761 Posts
coyote-1

ahow did you attach the pvc handle to the crossbow?
"When in doubt, use duct tape"" - CrazyRussianHacker
I'm kidding, he have never said that, although it would not surprise me if he did. :)
Oh,and by the way, just use something strong, like Epoxy.

·
Hacker of things
66 Posts
I have the cobra and it cocks rather easily if you put one hand all the way to the front, other hand on the back handle, and bend it over your knee.

I also have 2 other similar crossbows from a different manufacture.
http://www.budk.com/product/Avalanche-Mini-Crossbow-Tactical-Pistol-80-lb/156480.uts

With all three I had a problem with the string winding not lasting beyond a few shots.
So I rewound mine with some larger nylon braided cord. Then super glued it for durability (and once I'd tested that it would work)

I'd be interested in magazine for all 3.

They are 80lbs in a very small package and could be quite effective in the right situation.
I have found you won't have broken strings with adequate lube

·
Registered
54 Posts
Joergs,

Can I assume that you have disabled/removed the safety mechanism?

Did you need to do anything unique to get the bolts to stack, engage with the string consistently and avoid hang ups or was it a fairly straight forward matter of extending the plan view of the bolt upward?

·
Registered
274 Posts
"When in doubt, use duct tape"" - CrazyRussianHacker
I'm kidding, he have never said that, although it would not surprise me if he did. :)
Oh,and by the way, just use something strong, like Epoxy.
:)

I actually have a bolt in there securing the handle to the frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old post but.....

I have contacted JoergS for help but no reply so I'm posting here. I know he knows a lot about Cobras. I have a Cobra pistol crossbow and would like to add a forgrip to it. I would like to add a Picatinny/Weaver rail. I have seen ppl who have done this but can't find one that looks like it would fit my Cobra. Their pictures are poor and they don't tell how they did it. Now I don't want to be drilling holes or gluing things on because I have a warranty that would be voided if I did that. I looked at a clamp on rail but I'm not sure how to make it work. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance.

Vampy

·
Mad Scientist
999 Posts
Looks like he made the for grip himself. Two parts that clamp from both sides onto that rail thingie at the bottom of the crossbow

Where do you want to install the weaver rail? Could you maybe use existing screw holes?
It would be helpful if you posted a close up picture of the area where you want to mount the rail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll show you what it looks like.

Here is what others did but can't see how they did it

This guy claims he added a Picatinny/Weaver rail. I think he said 2.5 inch but I can't see how he did this because I don't see a way to attach it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking a sturdy foregrip would help me cock it. At this time I have to put a folded towel over my thigh and pull with all my might to do it. I don't have JoergS muscles :)

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I simply clamped my front handle on, which worked fine but wasn't easy to make. Now I prefer the Cobra MX, the newer version of that pistol - it has proper threaded holes so you can easily attach a 22mm rail and use cheap front handles for airsoft guns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had read that the all plastic Cobra wasn't as good so I bought the partly metal one. I tried to contact you right b4 I bought it. Bummer, I guess. I'll have to try to make something that holds a rail. Not sure how to do that but there has to be a way because this guy did and I saw at least one other guy who did but lost that link with the pics.

Vampy

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It is very hard for me to provide individual help, as I am a one man show only and I get well over a thousand messages every day... impossible to read through them all. Sometimes I do read some, and answer them, but that is pure random. Which is why I encourage people to use the forum. Many questions are much alike and asking them here makes a lot of sense.

The MX isn't made from plastic (the new Horizone is, though). The Cobra MX is very similar to the original Cobra, all metal... just a few details have been improved, like the front handle attachment.

To make a "clamp on" handle, simply cut the handle from three layers of wood. The middle layer should be as thick as the rail, the side layers can be a bit thicker. Then use two nice thick bolts and clamp the handle on, done.

·
Registered
1 Posts

It seems that this at this point thread is pretty much dead but I'm gonna share this anyway.
This is a shoulder stock I've made for my Cobra pistol crossbow. I've also made nice wooden foregrip, I've replaced the stock iron sights with a red-dot and now I am probably going to install a weaver rail to the front.
I'll post an update picture once I'm done with the modifications.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts