·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice SetUp Jörg :)

When it would came into production I would buy it (after i bought the Cobra) :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have that same crossbow pistol. I find it a bit challenging to cock back but you don't seem to have a problem with that.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I have the cobra and it cocks rather easily if you put one hand all the way to the front, other hand on the back handle, and bend it over your knee.

I also have 2 other similar crossbows from a different manufacture.
http://www.budk.com/product/Avalanche-Mini-Crossbow-Tactical-Pistol-80-lb/156480.uts

With all three I had a problem with the string winding not lasting beyond a few shots.
So I rewound mine with some larger nylon braided cord. Then super glued it for durability (and once I'd tested that it would work)

I'd be interested in magazine for all 3.

They are 80lbs in a very small package and could be quite effective in the right situation.

·
Hacker of things
66 Posts
really??

I have that same crossbow pistol. I find it a bit challenging to cock back but you don't seem to have a problem with that.
Look at the guy's arms. Do you think he'd have any problem at all?:p

·
Hacker of things
66 Posts
I have this same Cobra, and when I saw you were modding it, I thought that maybe a bit of added power.
Just a thought: Might it be possible to string the bow with rubber, tubes most likely, to get added power to the bolt?

·
Lord Of Crows
600 Posts
you badassed AND pimped that puppy... :D interesting to note (speaking of illegalities) I recently read that Canada does not allow the sale of pistol xbows, and xbows themselves must be at least 50cm in length... that reminded me of how many here decry Germany's no-braced slingshot laws which seems to have some bureaucratic nonsense behind it ... I think it is essentially the fear of the slingshot wielding anarchist that puts the poop in politicians pants... that and probably they don't want to go down that slippery slope which will lead to an American style wild west shootout zone. :D

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Wow, I really like this mod! Very cool. Now I want one of those! I love how fast it is to cock the mechanism - the auto reload is a huge bonus. One of my favorite mods so far.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With all three I had a problem with the string winding not lasting beyond a few shots.
You should carefully round and polish the edges of the sear. It was very sharp on mine. After the rounding, the string lasts a long time. I did re-serve it with some Dacron recently, though.

·
1,343 Posts
Very nice creation! It makes me want to get my hands on one of those :)

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Slingshot Forum

·
Registered
218 Posts
Its very nice with the magazine :D :cool::

Since you obviously dont have problems cocking this what about increasing the power?

I Think a laminated prod would do it.

Replacement prods are relatively cheap at 10-12€ at 4komma5.de

Just cut the second one a little shorter than the original one and stack these, the curvature is already the same so no problems here. Maybe you can even add a third section. A loose laminate with the ends tightly wrapped should do it fine, no need to completely glue the parts.

The only problems I see would be if there is enough space in the stock to accept the increased width of the laminate prod but maybe it can be widened. It seems There is enough space to accept a least 2 layers without mod.
The other concern would be if the string is strong enough to handle the increased draw weight. But since you said you already served it with a homemade Dracon string it would be easy for you to make a stronger one.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RalphG, it isn't the string I am concerned about. The cocking mechanism is the weakest part. I am afraid it won't be strong enough for a significant reinforcement of the prod.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the latest enhancement... a front handle!

This not only makes it much easier (and safer) to cock the weapon, but it also improves accuracy - plus it looks way cool.

Rambone-ish of course!

Here's all seven shots, 10 meters, free standing.

Weaver rail should arrive tomorrow... as laser sights are illegal in Germany, I am thinking about making a switchblade that has weaver mountings, and attach it as a badass mini bayonet.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well thats unfortunate with the cocking mechanism. I have never handled one of these but - well, at this price I think we cannot expect it to be top quality... So a stronger laminate prod would only work with a complete new build/ redesign.

Bu I think with your mods so far its one of the best pistol crossbows that can be had! I wasn`t keen to buy one of these so far but if your "upgrade kit" becomes avaliable i feel tempted...:D

·
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?
6,001 Posts
Ohh yeahh, awesome! I used to have a similar crossbow, but i first broke all the cheap arrows that came with it and then broke the prod, it was a lot of fun though!

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have now added a Weaver (Picatinny) rail, and made the world's first Weaver mountable switchblade!

I replaced the original aluminum side plates of the knife with new ones from 6mm massive steel, and drilled/threaded those. Then I made some clamps from steel.

Great little switchblade bayonet!

·
2,513 Posts
Yes, that is now badass!! Very cool indeed! :)

(The warning on the axe head box made me chuckle too)

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
It just gets crazier and crazier at Castle Badass! I want one!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts