Bad Company gripped classic

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Ravensbull, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

This was a gift for my neighbor after giving me the mass amount of maple laminant. Grip inspired by the "Bad Company" design posted by member Mhpr262 (Mopper at SSF). My neighbor is an extreme newb with an unhealthy fear of low forks and hand hits... So this was an attempt to get him hooked. Hope you guys like it!

Attached Files:

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Very nice- almost like the Chinese forks I've seen elsewhere. And the 'brace' is a great touch- well thought and made. He should get hooked with that one.

-Wild Bill

3. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Nice, I still need to build on similar to it. I have always wanted to.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Excellent work!! That beaver-tail is a great addition and should make for a very comfortable shooter!
    Really impressed, great job!

5. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks guys! It does shoot nice! I didn't want to give it up but he really hooked me up with the blanks..! I put 1"×9" active length straight cuts of Gold's green on it for him to learn the ropes with marbles. The forks are 1" wide with scalloped tips and a 2" gap but it was slapping the forks funny and throwing off the shot till i folded the bands and retied. Couldn't tell why cause i had the V of the trough correct. The fold at the fork was an instant accuracy correction for whatever reason.

6. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have made a few of those. That is very nicely done!

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Great job on that slingshot! I love the beaver tail - very 1911, it looks very comfortable, and safe, to shoot.

8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Very comfortable looking slingshot, another one for the build list :)