Bacon!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WildBill, Oct 30, 2013.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Due to my imminent move, I'm having to eat out the larder instead of getting more stuff from the store... and in my freezer was five pounds of bacon! Oh, happy day!

Bacon is pure meat-candy, and we need to have some good recipes involving God's perfect food somewhere... so here it is. Let's post with bacon!!!

PS- each strip of bacon consumed reduces your lifespan by 6 minutes. Based on that, I died in 1746.

-Wild Bill

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

I don' think it reduces lifespan...but anway :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcT7sseLZI[/ame]

3. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCsVBuJ1alg[/ame]

[​IMG]

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

If bacon yearly reduces life span I think the majority of us are rightfully and truly hosed.

5. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

In the spirit of the impending holidays!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JKb1IeovH60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

Did somebody say Bacon?

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Chocolate chip bacon cookies are AWESOME!

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

You gotta recipe?

-Wild Bill

9. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

bacon... not Gods food, in fact God has forbidden you to eat it... more than once.

Bible reference : Deuteronomy 14:8 - "The pig also, because it is a splitter of the hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for you. None of their flesh must you eat, and their carcasses you must not touch."

Leviticus 11:8 - "You must not eat any of their flesh, and you must not touch their dead body. They are unclean for you.

Quran reference: Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah. [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Pics, recipe or airmail directly to my house!?!

11. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

All I did was follow the usual Nestle Tollhouse recipe and added 1/2-1 cup of cooked chopped up bacon pieces.

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

+1 on Tilia's post, I've made candied bacon myself. I have a slightly different process, which I'll share here:

Start with a cold oven, don't pre-heat.

I don't use cinnamon, just dark brown sugar. Use thick-sliced bacon if possible. Lay out a shallow dish and place some dark brown sugar on it. Line a heavy baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the bacon, one strip at a time, in the brown sugar, pressing into the sugar to coat, then flip the strip over and press in to the sugar again. Lay the strip on the foil-covered pan. Repeat until the pan is full or you run out of bacon.

Put the baking sheet (or sheets) into the cold oven and turn the heat to 400 F. Set your timer for 18 minutes (for thick strips) and leave the oven door closed. After 18 minutes, check the bacon to see if it's as done as you like it. If you want it crispy, add another 4-5 minutes, watching that the sugar doesn't start to burn.

After the bacon is done, remove it from the oven and, using metal tongs, transfer the bacon to a plate, allowing the excess fat to drip back into the pan. Allow the bacon to cool and the sugar coating will harden.

Consume the bacon, taking care that you don't eat the entire batch in one sitting.

The stuff is very addicting. I've made it for many people and have yet to find a person who doesn't like it. I'm sure there are, I just haven't met them yet.

By the way, if you just want to cook plain bacon, the oven baking method can't be beat. Just use the same process, leaving out the brown sugar. In this case, after you put the bacon in the cold oven, turn the heat to 425 F use the same time noted above. Using this method, the bacon will stay flat and will keep the mess well contained. If you need to cook bacon for a crowd, this method can't be beat.

13. Haze

Haze New Member

Fortunately we are all living under grace now, so we can eat it. Pretty tough in in the BC days. There is no dish that cannot be improved with bacon.

14. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

if you are saying Christ died so you can eat bacon, i submit you are sadly mistaken on a few vital issues.

15. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

than god must be a selfish creation him self...
    keeping all that piggly goodness for him self..

for shame.... god, for shame

16. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

yes i am in the holiday spirit :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUEpmbdZLw[/ame]

17. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

It should never be questioned whether or not we should eat bacon, the only question is how much bacon should we consume!

18. Haze

Haze New Member

No, of course not. I am just thinking of one of Paul's letters.

19. Haze

Haze New Member

True. I don't eat anywhere near enough. Have you ever had streaky bacon in New Zealand? Now that is stunning stuff. A lot better than what we have there these days.

20. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Never been to New Zealand, I hear it's awesome though.

decent streaky bacon is hard to find, I prefer a thick 'Short Cut' bacon personally, makes awesome bacon sandwiches!