Baba Spammer is back!

Discussion in 'Baba / Vashikaran related discussions' started by Withak, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I see the little spammer boy is back. Must be lonely where he is. I wonder if his mommy knows he's on the computer.

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Yeah, I just PM'd Joerg and Forumtech. His thimble must be pretty small to get jollies off of this.

-Wild Bill

3. WildBill

Actually, this is probably not a person but some bizarre program made specifically to spam this forum. There's probably some propeller-head dumbass out there with a chip on his shoulder the size of the national debt doing this to build up his ego. What a waste of a life...

-Wild Bill

4. WildBill

I'm gonna guess that this social leper is using a proxy server- and bonus points if it's one based out of Korea.

-Wild Bill

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

And I've got a feeling that Joerg and the ForumTech are likely asleep at the moment. Oh well, they'll get it fixed soon I'm sure. I'm heading off to bed myself, I suspect it will all be fixed up in the morning. Must be the same kind of folks that send me poorly spelled emails telling me I've won a fortune, all I need to do is send them $1,000 as a processing fee. Either that or the lovely ladies that address me as big boy and want to love me long time.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  6. trogdoor

trogdoor New Member

Forums need a auto banner.
    I have been reporting the numskulls posts.

Sent from the land of burnination.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  7. WildBill

Pardon my defensiveness, but since this is your first post, are you the one making the spamming so that you can sell the product?

-Wild Bill

8. trogdoor

trogdoor New Member

O heck no. Different IP addresses WildBill.
    I joined the forums waiting for the rambone update.
    I'm sure there is free auto banning software out there.. Was just my input.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

9. WildBill

Ahh... Godzilla. Proxy's. I got it. Been there, done that. We'll survive.

-Wild Bill

10. WildBill

Hey, Trogdoor, you forgot to edit out your phone source on the second post. You wouldn't want anyone to associate your Nexus 7 on both posts now would you?

-Wild Bill

11. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Banned him, removed the 39 posts the guy made...

Hard to generally shut down such spammers without imposing severe limits to new members. The guy used a different IP the first time I banned him. He will likely try again, and he does so in the middle of my night...

Will talk to forum tech and we will see. Maybe we can ban the whole IP range.

12. WildBill

Your are awesome, as usual. I suspect that this fellow is using proxy IP's, as I mentioned earlier. The country code might be helpful- I have found that said proxy's tend to come from either China or Korea.

-Wild Bill

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I missed it again?!! Damn! Well, watching the new Kevin Heart vid was surely more entertaining.

14. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

when I was a Mod on Fetlife we had endless spammers being a nuisance. Usually it was shoes they claimed to be selling. One of them was back every week under a new name. There seems to be no defence other than vigilance which is not easy unless there is a whole team of Mods covering the time slots. :(

15. azul

azul Junior Member

I Joerg you can make that email confirmation thing to new menbers aplications and get five or six... maybe more moderators only with de power to ban, you get a large range of "ban police" Problem solve... maybe

16. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Maybe... I have banned and deleted all morning, this is getting very frustrating, baba is not giving up.

I messaged Forum Tech and asked for help. My preference would be if we could limit the amount of new threads a new member could open per day. Not much harm can be done if a spammer can open two or three threads a day. Ample time for me to ban.

17. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

IMHO, you don´t deserve a "BimmelBirne" like this to have to take care of..

On the other hand the whole incidence made it clear to see what´s
    missing when this comfortable place is disturbed/messed up.

And it´s pretty good to know that the guy will reep what he sawed..

Greetings to everyone,

Be

18. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

As I recall from Fetlife they would then start spamming in existing threads :( . I can understand your frustration !!

I've had a lot recently on one or two Facebook groups I manage...but there I can look up the profiles of new would-be members...and if they are obvious spammers from China I just block them before they have chance to do anything.

19. trogdoor

trogdoor New Member

Lol I forgot to changed it once I edited my post.

20. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I say we find this A-hole and put a steel ball through his hard drive
    Just putting it out there...
    Maybe Joerg could make a special anti-spammer slingshot for the purpose