Awsome package from Germany

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Many on this forum know I speak German and lived there for a few years. On my first trip to Germany, I stayed with a family in a small village in central Germany for a few weeks before touring the country for a few weeks with my high school. They have been great friends ever since and we are still in regular contact.

Today I received a surprise package from the oldest son, the one closest to my age. I was surprised to find two packs of 10 Knoppers, four packages of Fred Ferkles (the best gummy candy in the world), some Belgian chocolate for my parents and some hand crafted Christmas decorations, and the newest Fettes Brot album.

Every time I hear German punk or hip hop and eat German good I get homesick for Germany, my second home. I have made many friends while I lived there and even many more German friends on this forum.

Dammit moechte ich euch alle Danke sagen. Ich bin dankbar fuer euer Freundschaft und Rat.

Jeremy

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

you will soon ow me a beer! .. and I like the german stuff ;)

You may drop by (almost) any time! :)

kind regards from your friend

Be

3. Jeremy

@Be, I look forward to the day I can repay you that beer my friend. I'll let you know the next time I have a trip to Germany planned.

I have not been there in seven years, it's time to go back. Some day I want to visit the Weinachmärkte again. Even though I don't drink alcohol I miss the smell of Gluwein. Christmas in the States simply does not compare to Christmas in Germany.

4. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Fettes Brot mag ich sehr!

5. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Well I have never been to Germany, but I love Volkswagons:D Fahrvergnügen and cuckoo clocks. I did have a boss one time from Germany and he was by far one of the best bosses I have ever had. I have been thinking that BeMahony is a stand up comedian, because most of his post make me laugh. This forum is fun.

6. Jeremy

Ich mag Fetttes Brot, Die Toten Hosen, Die Ärtze, Farin Ürlaub, und Bela B.

7. Jeremy

I also love Volkswagon, my wife and I have a Jetta TDI wagon. Easily in my top 5 favorite cars to drive.

8. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

Ich mochte am Haxnbauer wieder essen.

Sorry about the missing umlaut, and for my imperfect memory of the language.

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have one story about Germany. I was in Schwienfurt in "74 and made the acquaintance of a local named Wolfgang. I was introduced to his grandmother. We made small talk as best we could and the upcoming Bicentennial came up. She asked what we were talking about and through Wolfgang I explained that the USA was about to be 2 hundred years old. She laughed and pointed at a table by the wall and said something about it. Wolfgang started to translate and I interrupted to say, "Yeah, Yeah. That table is 2 hundred years old." Wolf replied, "No. She said, "That table has been "there" for 2 hundred years." How can you not love that?

10. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nice to see some more Volkswagen lovers here :)

I have a 1986 Polo 86c Steilheck (mk2 Polo squareback) that is currently in bits after I ran out of money trying to turn it into a Berg Cup replica! Those Gruppe H cars are awesome but that projects on the back burner until the kids are older. Had a few modified Veedubs over the years though :)

Oh Flipgun, my mum had something similar happen a couple of years ago. She had some friends visit from the US who were taking about the history of a building in their area that was built in the 20s. They were pretty amazed when my mum told them her house was built in 1670!

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

This is a great music taste! :cool:
    Last Year is was on a Toten Hosen Konzert, Der Krach der Republik in Minden. Really a great Concert! And I hear also all this Bands since 16 Years.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORdkQV4xrs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqwlJhiORwk[/ame]

12. Jeremy

I really enjoy Die Aertze. I've collected quit a few German punk albums over the years.
    Die Aertze, I have 13, Geraeusch 1 and 2, Jazz ist Anders and Runter mit dem Spendierhosen, Unsichbarer
    Die Fantastischen Vier: MTV Unplugged
    Die Toten Hosen: Ballast der Republik/ Die Geiser, die wir Reifen
    Farin Urlaub: Endlich Urlaub
    Fettes Brot, Fuer di Welt, 3 ist ne Party
    Bela B, Bingo

13. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Fettes Brot!:

(my confession!) 1:53min

Denn diese Welt braucht mutige Männer, die genau wissen,
    ja, daß echte Gefühle zu fühlen niemals eine Schwäche ist!
    Und die Gefühle zu zeigen, das ist lachen, ist flehen,
    ist heulen, ist schreien. Das ist Hardcore und nicht lächerlich!

Sich halten, um nicht hinzufallen; Frauen, denen es nicht reicht,
    reich und dünn zu sein!

Es geht um Herz, und um Wärme zu geben,
    und darum gerne zu leben!

Leute seht ihr das auch so? Dann hebt eure Faust hoch!
    Verdammt nochmal, es geht nicht nur um Kohle und Autos!
    Sie reden von Hass, aber wir wollen lieben, sie ziehen in den Krieg,
    Alter lass´ sie zufrieden! -
    Leute seht ihr das auch so? Dann hebt eure Faust hoch!
    Dann hebt eure Faust hoch!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auP4WZEls24[/ame]

14. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I think this Song you really like, Die Toten Hosen perform a Ärzte Song in Minden :D
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZzTSkrtIc[/ame]
    And also one of my Favorite Songs "Liebeslied"
    This was a really great Conzert! :cool:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B16RAJCkPg[/ame]

15. Jeremy

Ich bin neidisch, ich möchte Die Toten Hosen im Koncert sehen.

Schrei nach Liebe kann Mann auf dem CD Die Geister die wir Reifen. Ein ganz tolles Album.

16. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Kopf hoch, Vielleicht kannst du deinen Nächsten Besuch ja so planen das du mit deinen Bekannten zusammen ein Konzert besuchen kannst.
    Lohnt sich aufjedenfall. Als Vorgruppen waren in Minden auch noch Die "Donots", "The Living End" und "The Computers" aufgetreten so das sich das Geld wirklich gelohnt hat.