AWESOME Idea!!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Whimsical_57, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Whimsical_57

Whimsical_57 New Member

Hi Jöerg, I know this isn't exactly a home made, but I had a really good idea for how to customise your Slingshots. There is a very good DIY project going on called Hydro graphics, where you can dip an object into a film like material, and when pulled out, an amazing pattern forms on all sides. So far, I've tried it on one of my shots, and it looks incredible.

Try visiting this store, and trust me, it looks good enough to feature in a video!
    https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16
    I've tried snake skin on one of mine and it looks simply magnificent!
    Can a member of the team notify me if thy receive it, because my message sending is really glitchy, but thank you very much!
    Regards,
    Whimsie

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

It is a really robust finish isnt it. I have a Black Widow done in Realtree camo, dont like shooting it but love the way it looks! :)

Edit: Maybe the, ahem...'sexy zombie' one would be cool. Seriously thinking of Realtree-ing my Rambone when it turns up now!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Coincidence... but i was browsing wingshooter's gallery on the other forum yesterday.... and he makes wonders with this stuff. But he also said that this is a very expensive skill to learn.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Yeah, the pro companies charge a fortune to wrap a rifle (A friend of mine had his rifle stock done in Realtree a few years back) because its really easy to mess up the finish. It does give a much better look than trying to vinyl wrap an awkward shape though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47GoiNECyVE[/ame]

5. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

cool, didnt know you could do this at home by your self

gonna keep this in the back of my mind, thnx 4 the link

6. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Ibanez used to paint their guitars this way for the psychadelic 80's neon patterns.
    Never thought of doing a slingshot like it though