Aussie Aussie Aussie

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by JollyKillBill, Dec 20, 2013.

1. JollyKillBill

JollyKillBill New Member

Oi Oi Oi

Hey guys I signed up when Joerg made the "chronos" giveaway thread and have yet to post anything else, but here I am just stopping in to say "Hi".

I have only made two slingshots one was a crappy thing that kept hitting my hand or the fork and the other was the sweet "phoenix" design by Joerg, which I intend to modify (or just make another) to fit my hand better.

I am currently away from all my tools and stuff and am looking for a small metal slingshot and was wondering if there are people that make them in Aus? also I was wondering if many people shoot indoors? If so what kind of catchbox do you use?

Thanks a ton in advance!
    Billy

2. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

G'day billy.
    If you do a search of the forum you'll find there's a catchbox thread.
    As for the small metal slingshot, I don't know of anyone who makes them here in oz.
    You could play customs roulette and order from dankung.
    Or just make a small wood one and show us all:D
    Oh and welcome to the forum!

3. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Dankung are great little slingshots, mine made it to california ok but...
    They declared it as a gift of stationary, cheeky bastards.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the SSF Billy! Good to have another Aussie on board. There are plenty of small metal slingshots out there on places like Ebay, but you have to be really careful that you get one that isn't made from cheap pot metal - they are likely to break and cause a serious injury. Obl1v1aus suggested you try Dankung - they do make quality metal slingshots. Just be sure if you decide to buy a metal slingshot that the seller verifies it is stainless steel - something like 440 stainless is good and hard, not brittle and would be ideal if you can find it. Many cheap slingshots say 'stainless' (usually leaving out the word 'steel') but they actually are made with a chrome plated cast alloy - these are not safe. Watch for the stuff that's really cheap, like under $15-$20. Dankung would be a safe place to buy, if you can. I've also been led to try fineslingshot.com for some more steel slingshots that are supposedly good quality stainless. Just do your research before you buy - I've not used them myself.

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Well why not, it's just a paperweight and rubber bands ;)

7. JollyKillBill

JollyKillBill New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll definitely look into getting one of those :).

Cheers