are wrist braced slingshots illegal in Belguim??

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by EnesK, Aug 3, 2013.

1. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

just because i'm planning to make a wrist braced monster slingshot like jörg did but i little different??
    I already started actually:p
    but i didn't make the wrist brace yet because i was i little scared:eek:

Enes

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

3. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

who's stick

4. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

Look at google and the weapon law for your land.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  5. As far as i know they're completely legal here, slingshots with wrist-braces are sold openly by many armories.

6. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

yes i was thinking that too i bought a wrist brace slingshot a loooong time a go but i was i little scared

7. xXdoomXx

I meant tostick but what evs

J

8. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

do you mean toksick aaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooow sorry little confused:confused:

9. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

you mean tokSick no tostick

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Yesterday I asked TokSik and he said that arm braces are ilegal in Belgium. And there is a limit to the energy of the draw too!

11. There's no mention of slingshots in the Belgian arms law, as far as i know.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

ik heb het volgende gevonden ivm slingshots:

Slingers:
    Ingevolge het KB van 30 maart 1983 worden ‘alle katapulten, die een kinetische energie overbrengen die, gemeten op twee meter van de schutter, groter is dan 2.1582 J, bij de verboden wapens gerangschikt. Dit KB is toepasselijk op alle katapulten, behoudens deze die op een projectiel een kinetische energie kunnen overbrengen die, gemeten op twee meter afstand van de schutter, kleiner is dan 2.1582 Joule. (Deze zijn niet aan de wapenwet onderworpen). De minimaal vereiste kinetische energie is zodanig dat het merendeel van de katapulten als verboden wapens worden beschouwd.
    Het begrip katapult omvat niet alleen de eigenlijke katapulten, i.e wapens waarmee projectielen kunnen worden weggeschoten, maar ook de slingers, i.e wapens waarmee projectielen kunnen worden weggeslingerd

Hier is de link:
    http://www.swarta.be/praktisch5.htm

Sorry guys but i have to work so i' ll try to translate in english later( if no one do it before i do ;) )

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  13. xXdoomXx

Sorry I'm bad at names :(

J

14. Loek

Loek New Member

Yes, you can buy catapults in Belgium with an wrist or arm support. But these are not allowed during races in Belgium because it can be shot there so hard, as happened in the past, damage is made ​​to the shooting here.

And in our competitions is not intended to hardest to shoot.
    It's just meant to hit the target. And 10 meters distance without needing an extra support

15. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

dus armsteunen mogen maar de katapult zelf mag maar 2.1582 joule energie hebben???
    als je snapt wat ik bedoel

Enes

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Het is zo denk ik.
    2.1582 Joules... belachelijk!!!

17. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi guys and girls,
    To make it short, all catapults with more kinetic energy than 2.1582 J when shot from 2 meters is prohibited in Belgium. Like a lot of "weapons" you can have it but you can' t carry it.

18. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

ja dat is helemaal niets!!!

Enes

19. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

So you can shoot slingshots in your basement, or in your own garden? That would be acceptable in a way.

20. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

That' s right Joerg!
    I asked a policeman( investigation section), sometime ago but he couldn' t answer. He took one of my slingshots to his colleagues from the balistic. They says it is not allowed to shoot with it on public domain.
    The detective also told me the policemen would "normally" react depends on your behavior when shooting. Shooting at cans on a field will not have the same consequences as shooting at cans near cars and people.
    The policeman' s mood is another "factor" ;)