Anyone use TB RED flat bands with success?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Cubanizm, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Cubanizm

Cubanizm Junior Member

Has anyone ever used TB RED flat bands on a fork with good success?

Came across some red TB and thought it would look cool on a particular project but unsure if its even worth it...

Should I forget esthetics alltogether and just go with TBG?

2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

with thera-band red you will get very fast shots, but you have to use many layers of it if not use a whole sheet per side. the only downside of using it is you will have to use a lot and in the end tbg is cheaper, and you have to replace the bands more often because it is so thin.
    Hope this helps, KW

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Depending on what you plan to send down range you may have to go with up to 3 layers, but 1 should shoot most light ammo just fine.

4. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I like using tbr for butterfly because like they said good speeds and moderate pullback even for a12 year old like me :)

J

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Gold isn't the end all be all some say it is. I use tbb almost exclusively as I don't use metal shot often, tbb is actually faster for marbles and at 1/3 the price I'm sold. Point is try it, if you dig it no one can say its not as good as whatever else is out there.