Anyone made a "Instant Legolas" bow?

Discussion in 'Various other stuff' started by Jim_Holmgren, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Jim_Holmgren

Jim_Holmgren New Member

Hi!

I love this concept because all types of weapons except bows are illegal in sweden and as the authorities have final say in whether a person may obtain a license for firearms, airguns or crossbows, and as the political environment as become stricter the authorities will deny licenses for people without any reson.

I was very active in pistol shooting but I and my closest friends have given it up because of the police constant harassment of sportsmen/hunters.

So the only thing left is archery, I however dislike the lack of a mechanical anchor point so I have been looking into things like the Scope-it.

But this Instant Legolas seems like a great solution with fun repeting magazine and the option for optics, even flight arrows could be used! Mabe even a ball-sled?
    No d-loop, peep sights or arrows falling of the arrowrest!

Have anyone made one? and if so can you post some photos of it? I would be very interested to see your constructions!

Attached Files:

2. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I am currently working on a 6th gen Instant Legolas, using the Chinese "triangle" bow. At 50 lbs, it seems perfect for the job.

This time I am designing it differently. You grab the string UNDER the magazine so you don't have to spread your fingers apart. This also allows using a mechanical release. I am even working on a sliding handle that has a release build in, one that automatically engages. This means that you slide the grip forward until it catches the string, then move it back all the way and press a trigger when you want to shoot. As the grip does not lock in the rear position it is still a bow, you have to keep it cocked manually. The 50 pound bow deliers 50 Joule, which means each 15 gram bolt will do about 80 meters per second.

roger59 likes this.

3. Jim_Holmgren

Jim_Holmgren New Member

I did buy that chinese bow for a friend's bithday for 2 years ago, works great.

Can't wait to see what you will come up with, thanks for sharing you great work!