Anyone have Natural Forks or Planks?

Discussion in 'Trader's corner' started by jnmbhj, Jan 26, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I want to start to make my first fully wooden slingshot. Does anyone have Natural forks made from some strong type of wood or some multiplex that I can use to build? Also can you state how much it would cost. (I am a beginner)
    P.S.
    I live in New York, US

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I can get you some oak forks, which I recommend you start with as its abundant and fairly easy to work. As for the price as long as you cover the shipping AND make something nice I'd say we're even.
    Also If you wanna start with boardcuts home depot has red oak boards for sale usually about $5 a foot for a 6" wide board if memory serves

3. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

:eek:
    Posted twice

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  4. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Can you post a picture of the forks and also can you give me a shipping estimate?

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

New York has no lack of trees. Oaks and Maples are abound which make great slingshots. Just rummage around the parks, woodpiles or whatnot and you should find quite a bit that is suitable within armshot of your location.

-Wild Bill

6. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

It seems like a good idea but there is a lot of snow here at the moment so getting some wood might be hard. Can you give me some quick tips on what wood I should look for and how thick it should be.

7. FilthyRusty

FilthyRusty New Member

Hi i would suggest a fork at least as large as this one (i usually use bigger myself but i have no camera to upload so this is from the net) as for wood Ash is pretty good Dogwood,Oak,Maple, if it is a slightly weaker wood maybe you could try your hand at making a natural fork pickle fork shooter. I hope i could help a little bit. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  8. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Any forks I could get you I would have to cut, and as for shipping it would be between $10 and $18 I think. More if you want it sooner

9. MBoy

MBoy New Member

Do u want a natural or a board cut ss