anyone have any osage orange or amaranth/purpleheart

Discussion in 'Trader's corner' started by kohlqez, Jan 20, 2014.

1. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Does anyone have or have access to osage orange and or purple heart? I'd be willing to trade, of course. Just let me know what you'd want in return.

2. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

Hey man,
    I have a little bit of Osage but a friend of mine has tons of it. By the way, did that package get to you?
    Drew

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Yes I did, yours will be on the way by the end of the day.
    Would your friend want to trade?

4. Drew_Bilbrey

He says he would and asked what you have in mind to trade.

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

What are his interests? Does he make slings too? It really is more a matter of what he wants as he has the supply. Also is it in fork or board form?

6. Drew_Bilbrey

He wants to know what kind of exotic board lumber you can access that we don't have in TN that'd be good for knife handles. Also said he'd trade you inch for inch boards.

7. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'll have to see....

8. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I have access to Purple Heart where I live but I'll need to go for a run( an excuse to go to the rockler for me X'D) but I can get you some, I just need to know the size so I can compensate on a fair trade and where do u live(shipping reasons)

9. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I live in south Florida, and the length I'm looking for 6 or 7" wide and 2-3 feet long, but if you would want to cut it into 8" sections for shipping that's fine. What would you want in return? I've got lots of stuff PM me and let me know what you're looking for

10. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

can i get a number or email to communicate and Florida is fine for me I can get 1/2(maybe 3/4 depends on their stock for the day)x5x24inches around here, is that ok?and I think I would like a sling in return and an extra bandset or better leather? I feel as if I'm low balling :p.

Ps Osage is a weed in Florida I'm sure Osage will Be very easy to find in your area and I could probably cut the purple in 2

11. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

That sounds good to me, except I'll probably send you a slingshot and a bb shooter, as well as some various other things (ammo, rubber, who knows what else) I'll be sure to make it worthwhile for you
    After some googling it appears osage orange DOES grow in Florida (supposedly), though I've never seen it. If it does grow in south Florida it is most definitely NOT abundant enough to be called a weed. I wish it was though. Maybe I'll take a trip up to Jacksonville, I hear there may be some there...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014