Any switchhanded shooters?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buckshot500, Jan 5, 2014.

1. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I'm a seriously right handed person. I can't do very many things switch handed.

For some reason I can shoot a slingshot equally well from either hand. Might be from riding around in my old buddies car as a kid.

I learned to shoot out of the passenger window with the slingshot in my right hand. I normally shoot archery holding the bow in my left hand.

I can also hold the bow in my right hand but not nearly as accurately.

When I practice pistol shooting I usually try to take some shots with my left hand in case i ever need to do that.

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I've shot from both hands. I'm right-handed and prefer to shoot holding the slingshot in my left hand, but I've made shooters now for 2 left-handed shooters and have tested them by shooting them from my right hand. I was surprised too that I was actually somewhat accurate shooting in my non-dominant hand. Probably a good thing to practice from time to time.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I switch, more accurate when I hold righty, more power when I hold lefty

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I just tried it last night, took 4 shots across my shop at a strung up soda can and had 4 hits. It felt alien though.

Sent from my ME173X using Slingshot Forum mobile app

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

You could cut the right side of me off and I probably wouldn't notice. I tried once to shoot right-handed and, like Dolo said, it felt alien. Actually, it felt freakishly bizarre and resulted in my first RTS.

-Wild Bill

6. ColtSmith

ColtSmith New Member

Im the same. I cant do any thing with my left except for shooting slingshots

7. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

RTS = Return to Sender?

If that's the case, sorry about that. I sure didn't mean for that to happen. :(