Any suggestions??

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Drew_Bilbrey, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

I was given this osage fork by a friend yesterday just as it's shown. I'm not quite sure yet what I'm gonna do with it but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for looking!:D

Attached Files:

2. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

cool fork, needs a palm swell do

3. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

A core of wood and multiplex scales...:)

I think the ARC would look good.

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

woww, that's a nice fork! i'd say choose a nice design and make a boardcut, no need for a palmswell looking at the thickness

5. Moin moin,
    Nothing easier than that ...
    If you do not know what you could do with it ....
    Send them to me .... I have an idea!

Is a joke, they fit in your hand, now is just a bit thin, so with acrylic, aluminum or reinforce .... but even so, could hold .......

-

Nichts leichter als das....
    Wenn du es nicht weißt, was du damit machen könntest....
    Schick sie mir.... mir fällt was ein!!!

Ist ein Scherz, pass sie deiner Hand an, ist jetzt nur etwas dünn, also mit Acryl, oder Alu verstärken .... könnte aber auch so noch halten.......

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Nice looking fork, I'm not an expert in sling building (only making my 2nd now) but that fork looks pretty perfect, it could be right or left handed depending on which side you use, it's big so you can do pretty much whatever style you want. Strip the bark and make it whatever style you want, then depending on whether or not you can do this you might want to slice it down the middle and then sandwich some aluminum in between the two halves drill some holes in the handles for some pins then and apply some finish, (personally I would do different finishes on each side just so it's something kind of new) anyway I look forward to seeing it finished good luck!

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

A HAMMERMÄSSIG with scales???

Attached Files:

8. Drew_Bilbrey

Wow, BV that's a great design! I may just have to consider that one. I realize there are lots and lots of different ways to go with this fork and it's great to hear all the input I'm getting. :)

9. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

I think a classic chalice would suit it perfectly, it would look something like this one that Flipgun made me (pecan natural board cut, osage palms):

[​IMG]

10. Drew_Bilbrey

This one's also a great style. I like it!

11. Drew_Bilbrey

Well, it looks like I won't be doing anything with this fork. While sitting in my living room this evening watching a movie, I heard a popping sound next to me on my end table. Later on I was investigating and picked up this fork to find a long crack going from the very bottom center and running all the way up the right fork(as pictured above). Oh well. Many more forks out there.

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Major bummer. That was a beautiful piece of wood. I wouldn't throw it out just yet though - maybe you can use part of what is left as a palm-swell or scales for a small slingshot with a metal core.

13. Drew_Bilbrey

Yes perhaps I can use it for something. I'll store it away for now and work on some others I've got bouncing around in my head. :)