Another trade with Blankwalker

Discussion in 'Trader's corner' started by Belargo, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Hello there,

I'm currently in the middle of a trade with Blankwalker. While I'm still working on my end of the deal, he already delivered - and boy, did he deliver!

Feast your eyes on this gorgeous sandwich of staghorn sumac (Rhus typhina) bakelite and tecapeek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He also included a great lanyard and a nifty ammo pouch filled with some heavy metal.

[​IMG]

With the included lead balls this slingshot is a veritable hole punch for particle board ;)

[​IMG]

Hope you like it - I sure do!

Stay tuned for my end of the trade

Blankwalker, Snader76 and ferrell17 like this.
  2. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Finally here's my end of the deal. I went to work on this unassuming looking piece of beech deadwood:

[​IMG]

After much swearing due to a botched surface treatment this emerged from the workshop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is modeled after the type of pinchgrip I prefer, and since it has a very lively spalted flame pattern I dubbed it the "Gamma Ignis". It was sanded to 400 grit and polished with 0000 grade steel wool. The finish is done with several coats of Bredderpox E40D, which wasn't as well behaved this time as I had gotten used to. Thus it had to be sanded down again to a satin-gloss surface.
    The Endcap is made from ancient bog oak and some brass for accent. It also features a detachable lanyard mount I made from brass stock and some M5 threaded rod. The lanyard beads are made from off-cuts of the used materials.

[​IMG]

And here is the piece in its little storage box with ammo bag:

[​IMG]

For more pictures check out this thread: click

ferrell17, bigdh2000 and Blankwalker like this.

3. Blankwalker

Blankwalker Active Member

Hey Dude,

Wie bindest Du die Bilder hier ein?

4. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Ich lade meine Bilder auf Imgur hoch, da bekommt man dann neben den anderen Link-Formaten (Direct Link, HTML etc.) auch einen, der sich BBLink nennt. So sieht das aus:

[​IMG]

Das kopiere ich an die Stelle, wo das Bild im Text erscheinen soll, und fertig.

5. Blankwalker

Blankwalker Active Member

Wie dick war eigtl die Sperrholzplatte?
    :)

6. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

Das Teil mit den Löchern drin? Ca. 20 mm, allerdings nur Pressspan, nicht Sperrholz.