Another Englishman here!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by JoshVallis, Jan 27, 2014.

1. JoshVallis

JoshVallis New Member

Hello from Kent, England :)

My name is Josh, and I'm a student studying 'Countryside Management'.

I have had a great interest in shooting since I was very young, and my gun collection keeps growing... But ever since my better half bought back a souvenir slingshot from when she went to Spain I have been fascinated by them too.

I subscribed and have been watching Joerg's videos for a while I have decided to come here and learn more about slingshots, with the intention of making my own as a little project

2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

3. JoshVallis

JoshVallis New Member

Thank you, looks great already! Some lovely slingshot designs :)

4. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

Hello mate, I'm just across the water from you In Essex! Also new to the forums myself.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. Feel free to join in the conversation - all are welcome. Being from England, can I assume your gun collection are air guns? I've got a few myself and enjoy shooting them as much as slingshots.

6. JoshVallis

JoshVallis New Member

Thank you. Some are, I both hunt and shoot in field target competitions with my air rifles. Air guns are how I got into shooting but i also spend a lot of time using shotguns now too... The plan is to apply for my firearms certificate in the next couple of weeks so I can get some full bore rifles. :)

7. OzzyOsborne

OzzyOsborne New Member

Hi Josh! I'm from Kent too (Bexley) I also shoot air weapons and now and again clay pigeon. I'm a member at StNicks shooting club in Chiselhurst. I've got a group on facebook, shootin' bows 'n' slingshots.... As the name implies, the group also includes interests in anything that shoots any projectile! Anyone is welcome to join

this here slingshot channel forum is very friendly, helpful and encourages creativity

look forward to seeing your work here!

it's how most of us got hooked on slingshots!

8. JoshVallis

JoshVallis New Member

You're about 40 minutes away from where I live! I will look your group up :) I fancy taking archery up as well, was fairly good and it when I was a kid anything that shoots a projectile sounds good in my books!

9. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Welcome. The accommodations here are a bit primitive, but the natives are friendly.

-Wild Bill

10. jurassicbark2000

jurassicbark2000 jurassicbark2000

welcome

Welcome bloke bought a Theoben scirocco mk 2 in 1984 i think ?????? never needed anything else , but wanted more , and still shoots like a charm . Used to fish the black post in Gravesend years ago Pocohontis ( the indian bird from Walt Disney is buried there from memory ) Cheers Martin

11. JoshVallis

JoshVallis New Member

Theobens are lovely rifles, although I think Theoben stopped producing rifles for a number of year the company is now back under the name 'Impact Airguns'. I have a friend who lives in Gravesend, but I didn't know about Pocahontas, you learn something new every day :) thanks!

12. jurassicbark2000

jurassicbark2000 jurassicbark2000

Theoben

Pocahontas cheers for the spelling correction Yeah she"s buried in the church their the Yanks have a big ceremony every year their for her .

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">Pocahontas was a Virginia Indian notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia.

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">Born: 1595, Werowocomoco

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">Died: March 1617, Gravesend

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">Full name: Rebecca Rolfe

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">Parents: Chief Powhatan

<li class="mod" style="clear:none">Spouse: John Rolfe (m. 1614–1617), Kocoum (m. 1610–1613)

Children: Thomas Rolfe

13. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member