An observation about the forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kohlqez, Dec 20, 2013.

1. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Firstly let me apologize to everyone for my original post, as dolomite pointed out it was less than tactful, because I cannot delete this thread I would just ask that it be ignored, so that over time it be cast down into the bowels of the internet where no one shall ever gaze upon it again

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I don't know that you can necessarily say there are none on the forum. Sure, some folks reveal themselves in their avatar or you may make an assumption based on their location, but otherwise, there is no 'race' shown on the user's information. As this is a global forum, there are folks from all different racial backgrounds. Just because people don't necessarily come out and make a point of showing their race, I just don't think it can be said that there aren't any here.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Dude, have some tact. If you got to know some people around here, you'd answer your own question. Beside that, slingshots are color blind.

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Good call Dolo! No, I'm not black or racist either but I am of German and Norwegian decent and can be overtly proud of that but not outspoken of it in a place such as our A$$-Kick gathering here. Well, till now... I would consider that the type of "tact" that Dolo refers to and i stand to be corrected if I'm wrong there. I certainly don't think that people should reveal their race if it may end up making them targets for whatever... Just the same as good ol' Slingshotboy shouldn't be considered an accurate representative for all folks of color... I think that many people do not reveal that not only for the reason that Withak mentioned, but with all the racism in the world and several whole races being blamed for the ways of their government or leaders, they would rather have their personality be their leading foot so to speak and especially in a place like here, where it has absolutely no bearing on any topic discussed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

You're right dolo, my bad.
    Sorry everbody

6. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

This is called internet default. When we don't know who we are talking too, we have a tendency to think they reflect us in terms of culture, race, sex, and outward perspective.

No harm here. Happens all the time.

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

???

What´s going on here?

- what wa sthat original post about?

Hopefully everyone is all right?

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I can't speak for everyone here, but I think you're good Kohlqez. I also don't think you intended to be insensitive in what you wrote. I've said and written things myself I wish I could take back many times over the years. But it's a chance to learn. Your apology, I would think for most, if not all, is a good way, the right way, to handle it when something like this happens.

9. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

Everyone is fine. Just a basic question about the composition of the forum population.

10. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

We're all Bozo's on this bus.

11. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Composition? Do I need to write a new song?

-Wild Bill

12. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

GO WB! Maybe about how "WE" as a whole, make for a tremendous ethnic mutt! This is NOT meant in any way derogatory either so I think Bill could compose yet another entertaining, funny, Peace bringing and keeping lyrical masterpiece! Hurry Bill so you can debut Christmas or New Years!

13. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Hmmm... I am the parody guy, and I think I know what song I could use that would fit... But the question is- can I make a slingshot version of it? Lemme finish uploading the video I'm about to post in a few minutes and then I'll put some more thought into it.

-Wild Bill

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

WB, we are the world!

15. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I thought the exactaly same thing, Dolomite!!! Hahaha

"We are the world.....we are the slingers....."

16. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

:)

That´s an EEASY one!