Ammo in the U.K.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Jovis, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jovis

Jovis New Member

Does anyone have a source of 16mm lead in the U.K. that is cheap? 20p a ball is all I can find and is just too steep for me and I've had no luck on E-bay.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I buy marbles from the dollar store, but. I don't know about steel balls, try looking for egg sinkers( weights used for fishing) there is a thread about using them recently it called egg sinkers

3. Jovis

Jovis New Member

4. Jovis

Jovis New Member

5. I believe they ship internationally....

EDIT: I actually just emailed them to see what their international rates are, will post here after they respond.

6. Jovis

Jovis New Member

Thank you :)

7. If it helps (they haven't answered yet) I know some friends of mine a couple years ago on a spudgun forum would order stuff from them over in Germany, Scotland, Ireland, etc. Just not sure if it costs an arms and a leg yet, I'll get back to you as soon as mcmaster responds. They are usually pretty prompt.

8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

How about buying a mould and making your own? Not sure what the price of scrap lead is at the moment but dont think it is that high. If you know any roofers/scaffolders they can usually give you offcuts of flashing for free.

9. I don't know about elsewhere but here there are these little lead weights to ballence the ride of car tires, they are found ALL over the side of the road, and if you give me a few I can post a link so some lead ball moulds on Amazon...

EDIT: couldn't find one on amazon but here's a 00 buckshot mold that will probably do the trick.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/6366947004844593330?q=lead+ball+mold&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.58187178,d.cGU,pv.xjs.s.en_US.EeLgqkzqnSg.O&biw=1280&bih=634&tch=1&ech=1&psi=CPzKUpaXMY_zoATm24KwDw.1389034500851.5&ei=NPzKUqLwJ8TuoATggYHwBw&ved=0CFcQpiswADgU

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  10. ok so mcmaster is being very rude (I did email them from my account that hasn't ordered from them but still) this was their reply....

Hi Mike,

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from our established customers. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We will not provide a quotation or accept your orders.

I said enough insults to them to make a priest punch me in the nose... I've ordered several thousand dollars of stuff from over the years and they are just too rude, if they took my alternate email address as not a customer or not they should have been polite. Not straight up say they won't even take my order or give me shipping info...

11. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I run my own business and would never dream of talking to a potential customer like that!

12. I emailed them back from my primary email address, the one I do all my orders/business and family emails from. The one they have on record as being a customer, with the email the sent my other account embedded.... I'm curious to see how much butt-kissing they are going to try.... Because as it sits they lost a long time customer...

Ok, I won't post this conversation (I would surely get banned for my language and their's in return lol) but I am no longer a mcmaster customer, hopefully the rest of you will have better luck if you try to order from them but I am very angry and will not be giving them a single penny...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  13. Ok, they finally responded much nicer than before lol. They will not give me shipping info for orders outside the US unless they are to their establish international customers. (in short they think I am mailing stuff to my terrorist friends.) Grats guys, slingshots now make you a terrorist threat! ROFL, HAHAHA, and all that. Some of these shipping laws are retarded....

14. Jovis

Jovis New Member

Bloody hell :eek:

"We will not provide a quotation or accept your orders" I'm shocked

15. They said the same thing when I emailed them from my account that I have had with them for almost 6 years.... 6 YEARS and thousands of dollars and they won't even give me a quote....

16. Jovis

Jovis New Member

Well sod 'em. You should try phoning tomorrow and getting someone else to talk to, try to get some free stuff out of them and then find someone else to do business with.

This is exactly how businesses ruin themselves.

17. I can never hold my temper enough to get any compensation from rude people. Much bigger on the be rude back and make them cry.... They could have been polite and kept getting thousands and thousands of dollars over the years but no pardon my language but forget them....