American Abroad

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Leroyfrog, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Leroyfrog

Leroyfrog New Member

Hello! I came across one of Jörg's videos on some website and was blown away. I love woodcarving and haven't shot a slingshot since I was about 12 and am really excited to start making my own.<br><br>I'm from Seattle, but am living near Madrid, Spain right now with my wife. We will be moving back to the Pacific Northwest in about a month though.<br><br>So ... uh ... GREETINGS!

2. mrjoel

mrjoel New Member

What do you do in Spain? Are you working? I am an ESL teacher and have looked pretty hard at Spain, even though the salary is pretty much on par with Africa there...

3. Leroyfrog

Leroyfrog New Member

I'm a house husband here. My wife is teaching at a bilingual high school. It is part of a program that recruited through the University of Washington. They require a masters in education. I don't know how on par it is with Africa, but there has been a huge tax hike this spring with the new conservative government in power trying to get Spain out of the hole. She takes home about 1500 Euros a month after taxes.

4. mrjoel

mrjoel New Member

Man, that's pretty small considering she has a master's in education. There are better deals than that out there, certainly. Perhaps there are other benefits from this program aside from monetary? Grads school credits? Living in Spain may be a perk in and of itself?

5. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Hello and welcome from Germany.<br>Have fun in the forum.<br>See you later amigo.