Aluminum Targetshooter

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Antraxx, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Hey Folks :)

I milled out some thick metalcores (15mm Aluminum) at work which match the shape of Tobses great Targetshooterdesign.

[​IMG]

Added some cheap scales (3.25 Euros each) shaped them with a file and wet sanded them up to 1500 grit.

One is fitted with a clamping method for bands, one is just a tubeshooter with holes.

I made a few more of those cores, if you like to start your own projekt and haven´t had the chance to cut a piece of Aluminum, you can get them from me here: https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f10/target-shooter-aluminum-cores-30783/#post225263

Here is how they came out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking :)

Cheers
    AnTrAxX

2. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really Beautiful! 1++++++++++++++++++ :D

3. Moin moin,

+ mehr geht nicht, Mund steht offen!

Frage die Kunstoffverkleidung, aus was hasst du sie gemacht? Aus Griffstücken für Messer?

+ More is not going to mouth is open!

Kunstoffverkleidung the question, from what made ​​you hate them? From grips for knives?

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Fantastic! Question: did you sand the aluminun up to 1500 grit to reach that result? Or jusy the scales? How do you do to get tha shinny on the aluminun?

5. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

I only sanded the Scales up to 1500. They are veeery smooth and shiny. The 3D-Effect doens´t really show on the pics, there is a cloudlike metal glow from some inside parts.
    The Aluminum is just sanded with 320 or 400. It will get scratches in my pocket anyway. If i had a machine to polish i might have polished them once for the picks, but since i will use them i don´t really care :)

Yes Thorsten, just Acrylic Knifescales. There are tons of different colors available. Very easy to shape and sand.

Thank you for your comments!

6. Obelix

Obelix Delete

Great job, great looking slingshots.

7. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Really nice work Antraxx! The different attachment options are amazing! :cool:

8. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Thanks. Thats just to show some possible options, and they are really endless.
    Like i posted, those cores are for sale :)

9. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Very hansome bomb-proof slings.

10. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice looking slingshots, there! Great work :D

11. LW

LW New Member

Super nice ones, I love the attachment method by clamping the Bands, seen this on another forum. Very nice, sounds so easy and fast, but a little work has to be invested, would be too good to be true ...:D

what do you think about making the fork tips slightly higher, so manage the possibility of the clamp to rotate by 90 degrees to left and right which allow TTF binding ...

AAAAA.jpg

sorry if I have been painting in your wonderful pictures, but just wanted to clarify it.

12. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

I thought of that myself too (only after i finished the SS of course lol), but since i normally don´t band my slingshots up on the sides and just wanted those as "Examples" i did not want to make a 3rd one. :p

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  13. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Awesome shooters and i really like the clamping method you used. Very clever.

14. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

very nice ones!! i've missed so much awesome slingshots here i can't believe it

15. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Since the Design is a lot of fun to shoot i decided to make me a new "Everyday-Shooter".

Took him out again today to smash some Acorns and also took my Camera with me...sadly it started to rain...no Problem for me and the Slingshot, but i wanted to be inside before my Cam starts to complain

It´s a 10mm Aluminum core with a Material called "Crushed-Bamboo".

It was a Cutting Board i saw in something like a "Dollar-Store". Costed only 3 Euros and is good for at least 3 or 4 Shooters of that Size so i had to take it with me. It feels more like Stone in the hand and under the saw, but when it comes to sanding it was kinda soft and some splinters broke out of the edges.

So i won´t recommend it as a perfect Material for Slingshots, but then again it polished very well, feels good in the Hand (only BLO this time, no wax) and i think the look is kinda unique. So as a "Carry-with-you-Slinger" i think it´s fine.

Because of that i also didn´t spend a lot of time with the Aluminum finish, will get scratches anyway.

Hope you like the "Grass-Slingshot" anyway

Cheers and a nice Weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

That wood looks fantastic to me, really. I think it is great for a slingshot even if it is not easy to work with.
    Great job Antraxx!

17. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

It doesn't look like an every day shooter.
    For me it's a Sunday shooter.
    Great work.

18. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

antraxx, over here we call it "strand woven". I used eucalyptus of this kind for a palmswell, it shapes nicely. I also have a board of woven tigerwood, i might put it with aluminum as yours looks outstanding. odd and different woods catch my eye, sometimes i'm lost on exotics that are too dark or are rare not pretty. I love the "A team", built with readily available stuff style;),

20. artons

artons New Member

simple and effective, i love it!