Aluminium rod slingshot!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by RAWICE, Apr 6, 2014.

1. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

It uses tube rubber and was forged from a aluminium rod which I bent into shape using my hands and I then wrapped the handle in some rather manky white and blue para cord to act as a comfortable grip but can also be removed for a survival situation ! It was very easy to build and took roughly 30 - 40 minutes. Hope you like also are the forks to wide? They seem to be working fine with accuracy though. ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766713.082738.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766745.198640.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766791.834786.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766837.426003.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766863.013534.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766890.442645.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766928.586740.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766962.440006.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396766983.998248.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1396767004.895892.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

The forks are not too wide at all, maybe a bit high?
    A very usable design for SHTF, you could easily attach more paracord:)

3. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I like it, It looks pretty symmetrical for hand bent rod good work.

4. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Not bad, where'd you get the rod?

5. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Thanks bud it's a aluminium rod I got it from a hardware store called bunnings in Australia but you will probably have a different hardware store depending on where you live :)

6. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Thanks bro it was fun using a vice and my hands i tried putting markings on it so I knew where it bend it to get it as symmetrical as I could !

7. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Yes I could I thought it would be very handy in a survival situation all you have to do is slip the paracord up and the knot holding it on will slip right out and then you can use it for something to help you in the wilderness yeh in the camera the forks look very high but in real life they are not high at all and do not put any strain on your wrist for some reason!

8. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Higher, wider forks make the use of found ammo easier, too. It looks like about the same ratio as a Trumark S9, they're not bad to shoot, braced or unbraced.

9. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Yeh they are pretty wide which is good just the picture makes them look really tall for some reason. This is a really great one too shoot but I can't shoot it for a while because while I was using one of my other slings a practically impossible injury happened!

10. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

11. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

I've considered an aluminum rod replacement for the fork on my Bone Collector Elite slingshot. But I fear that, being aluminum with no way for me to adequately harden it, the fork would bend with use.

Would be great to be able to have a variety of draw-weight secnarios just by popping on a different fork rather than having to constantly take bands off and put them back on.

12. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

The aluminium for me is showing no signs of bending just make sure you use a thick enough rod

13. Haze

Haze New Member

I didn't know you could get aluminium rod from bunnings! How much was it? Are you in WA?

14. kettiefreak

kettiefreak Junior Member

Someone told me that the Ozzi government don't like slingshots! Is it against the law?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

15. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Yes I'm in Western Australia go to bunnings and got to the section where they sell aluminium brackets and things and the next to it there will aluminium rods! :D

16. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Well the ball stayed in the pouch and it came flying back ad the pouch came back and hit my finger and turned it into a giant golf all of blue and purple :D but it's no match for good old frozen peas!

17. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Yes they hate them. In fact they hate everything. As soon as someone miss uses something they ban it. It really sucks. Basically anything that is cool is illegal in Australia. This includes slingshots, knives, fireworks, BB guns, pellet rifles and pocket knives and even some lighters! It is ridiculous because just the result of one persons actions takes away the privilege of us innocent and responsible people using these utilities I don't think just because one person did something wrong it should be taken away from all the good people any way. But me being a weapon maker and backyard junkie it forces me to make these things at home so I can experience pleasure that so many other people have about slingshot shooting. I would never do anything wrong, hurt anyone or anything or bring it in public. It just sucks how we are so restricted. Unlike the rest of the world.

18. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

("like" is for the response, not your accident.) Speedy recovery!

19. RAWICE

RAWICE New Member

Thanks bro haha!