The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here! Just wanted some input and potentially help, or maybe it's been tried before with no avail?..... so I recently reached out to the dnr, and explained that slingshots are very deadly and able to ethically dispatch small game. And adds a wonderful stalking aspect to the hunt getting you closer to your game. I asked who or how as sportsman we can petition to get slingshots listed as allowable hunting equipment? Their reply was, your welcome to present your idea at the dnr open house in March. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas or know how to start a petition or want to make a presentation!! Thanks for reading!!

· Registered
3 Posts
I don't have the legal knowledge to be much help I live in San Diego crimes gotten worse here and any kind of weapon is viewed by most people in the state as something to cause bodily harm against other humans or unnecessary harm to wildlife and the environment. All I can recommend is get as much information and proof of positive things you can. A petition sounds good I cannot legally shoot my slingshot within the city limits and there is no game hunting with slingshots allowed here I hope you're in a state that is more hunting friendly attempting something like that in Southern California would be very hard to do and I can't anticipate the outcome to be positive with all the problems in this state now I wish you all the luck and I hope it does work out for the benefit of all slingshot enthusiasts and hunters in general.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts