Airbow.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Shain77, Nov 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Shain77

Shain77 New Member

2. Shain77

Shain77 New Member

I didn't know how to add text after the pictures..

This is what can be done with a pressure washer, an old paintball gun, and some plumbing fittings.

Here is a bit of a rundown. The heart of the "Bow" is a 5000 psi pressure washer gun. I added to that 20 inches of 5/16 aluminum tubing. the CO2 connection and small hose are from a paintball gun. The stock I got online, it was surplus from a Chinese SKS.

It is fired by "Charging" the system via the small ball valve in front of the trigger. The air chamber is the small hose, and the handle of the wash gun. pulling the washer trigger releases the gas and fires the arrow.

I can only estimate power, but it hits as hard as my 150 lb crossbow, and is very accurate with the scope. The scope mount is JB welded on the wash gun.

Scout209 likes this.

3. Scout209

Scout209 New Member

Cool, thats a nice build . I want to build something similar to that. Im currently looking for info and ideas.

4. Shain77

Shain77 New Member

Happy to answer any questions. The pressure washer is definitely the easiest way to go for the QEV.

I'm currently building one using a solenoid valve. I'll do a post when it's done.

Scout209 likes this.
  5. Scout209

Scout209 New Member

Thanks for the help ,I hope to see the solenoid airbow soon.
    My build is going to be very similar to yours. Im going to buy a pressure washer gun .It will be connected via HPA hose and the air resevoir is going to be either 1" or 1/2 inch steel tube but im not sure about the length.
    And the stock is going to be based on ww2 sniper rifles.

6. Shain77

Shain77 New Member

Something I didn't mention,

I had a bit of trouble with the "Barrel" and arrow size. I finally found out that 2314 arrows fit nicely over the 5/16 Aluminum tube. The 5/16 is great to use because you can connect it easily to the washer gun with a compression fitting. I watched a few builds with guys using epoxy attach the barrels. The fittings are removable and replaceable, a much better way to go I thought.

Scout209 likes this.
  7. Scout209

Scout209 New Member

Well I had the same problem. I read that 7.5mm barrel works for 2219 arrows and 8mm barrel works for 2317 arrows.
    Another problem is that arrows aren't cheap and can be damaged fast. Is a good idea to use those fittings , also makes easier to switch to diferent barrels.
    Have you heard of the Venturi Airbolt????