advanced slingbow

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by bobdog555555, May 4, 2013.

1. bobdog555555

bobdog555555 New Member

how could this all be put together or improved?

a "gloveshot" style slingshot with rollers or something set up for greatly extended draw length and a whisker biscuit for an arrow rest. maybe the ends of the fork should pivot. this seems like it could be very efficient and small

2. I don't see why a gloveshot wouldn't work for a slingbow but they do increase the risk of shooting one's self if you're not careful. Would be painful to say the least to take a broadhead to the back of the hand.

3. Cadman

Cadman New Member

Attached Files:

4. bobdog555555

bobdog555555 New Member

yes that is very cool cadman and thank you. this with some kind of arrow rest like a whisker biscuit and a loop for attaching a trigger release would be about perfect. what kind of power does that baby have?

5. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

The rollers in the past had too much mass, so energy for velocity was lost. I would take strong, hardened nails and pieces of telescope antenna or similar thin pipes as rollers. The weight per moving part of the roller is less than 0,5g. When fired there is not much friction so heavy bearings are not needed, i hope. Good luck.

Edit: Thick beards above and below the roller could help guiding the band. Maybe inline skater bearings to hold the nail, so pulling the band (much friction) is easy.

Last edited: May 18, 2013