Addictive steel cube destruction ammo

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Slagskimmer Mike, May 5, 2013.

1. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

i milled out some cubes from scrap steel for shooting at sheetmetal. This is just too much fun. From less than 5 paces they go right through a thin file cabinet. Im using two layers of TBG in my W frame.

So far I made. 500 inch, .750 inch (my favorite), and some 1 inch cubes, too--but they weigh a quarter pound each:eek: 20130422_085304.jpg

I thought maybe the edges were getting dull, because they penetrated better at first, but now I think it was just my target getting work hardened from all the hits:p

Beat up file cabinets I can get free and recycle after, so its all win.

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

3. bushcraft kid

bushcraft kid New Member

Wow impressive damage!those are similar to cut rods and chopped wheel weights (but those are soft, better for hunting) i like shooting ammo with sharp edges against soda cans filled with water. also do you plan on sharpening them? i think you could probaly just put them flat on a belt sander to make a new edge. Now just get some ballistics gelatin for testing!

4. BrPio

BrPio .

Nice pics. I like edged ammo. I tryed pyramids too, they seemed to go deeper, but they take longer to make.

5. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Thanks for the kind replies.

I tried to keep the corners pretty square knocking the endmill burrs off, touching them up on a sander sounds like a great idea--they do seem to be getting rounder as time goes on.

I pondered pyramids, but I'm still not sure how comfortable to grip in a pouch they would be.